Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't the accommodation apply date start on the 19th of April? I think I've read that on their website..

Anyways. Yesterday evening I got my unconditional offer for Biological Sciences. SO happy! I'm thinking about firming it right away. I visited the uni last year already, so yeah... What the hell am I waiting for? I don't know.

It would suck if you had to bring your stuff home. But I think there will be temporary storage rooms..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Doesn't the accommodation apply date start on the 19th of April? I think I've read that on their website..

Anyways. Yesterday evening I got my unconditional offer for Biological Sciences. SO happy! I'm thinking about firming it right away. I visited the uni last year already, so yeah... What the hell am I waiting for? I don't know.

It would suck if you had to bring your stuff home. But I think there will be temporary storage rooms..?

ah its cool i emailed them and your junk can stay hurrah!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarbbz)
    does anyone know if you have to bring your stuff home(like empty your room during any of the holidays? :P
    Depends on the halls - some you do, some you don't. If you are in halls where you do have to empty the room, you can usually rent space cheaply on campus for the time of the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarbbz)
    ah its cool i emailed them and your junk can stay hurrah!:woo:
    Awesome! :woo:

Seriously, I cannot wait to start uni. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, in case you haven't heard,

I found out that people who are doing A levels, can't apply for accommodation until they receive they results (because the offer has to become unconditional to apply), which should be on 20. August for almost everyone.

And the deadline for accommodation is on 22. of August!! So we better not forget this, as we could miss the deadline and live on the street or somewhere :o:

Its quite tight, I don't like it, but what can I do, just gotta remember it. Hope that there will be any good places left at that stage :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well I can try to apply for all of you
    Actually I cant understand if there is some bugs in the system they are using because when I to apply for accommodation it tells me as well that I don`t have unconditional offer - but I. So I`ll ask them after the holidays why is that so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpetev)
    Well I can try to apply for all of you
    Actually I cant understand if there is some bugs in the system they are using because when I to apply for accommodation it tells me as well that I don`t have unconditional offer - but I. So I`ll ask them after the holidays why is that so.
    Same here. But maybe that's because we are more than two weeks early?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone...I know you've started talking about accommodation now, but I just wanted to say...
    I've just firmly accepted a conditional offer for Languages (Spanish and ab initio German)...can't wait to fly to Edinburgh (I'm from Italy, by the way)
    Hope to see you all in September!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudia_IT)
    Hi everyone...I know you've started talking about accommodation now, but I just wanted to say...
    I've just firmly accepted a conditional offer for Languages (Spanish and ab initio German)...can't wait to fly to Edinburgh (I'm from Italy, by the way)
    You've chosen two awesome languages.
    If you need any help in German, tell me. It's my mothertongue!

BTW, there's a fresher group for 2010 on FB:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=270223709260

ReputationRep:

thank you very much for the link on FB and also for your offer of help...hope not to have difficulties in German but still appreciate it!!!

ReputationRep:

Yep the FB information was useful. However we are two weeks early but I personally asked the accommodation office in at the open day and they eyed that after first of April we will be able to access the site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surfista)

I found out that people who are doing A levels, can't apply for accommodation until they receive they results (because the offer has to become unconditional to apply), which should be on 20. August for almost everyone.

And the deadline for accommodation is on 22. of August!! So we better not forget this, as we could miss the deadline and live on the street or somewhere :o:

Its quite tight, I don't like it, but what can I do, just gotta remember it. Hope that there will be any good places left at that stage :rolleyes:

uh oh i dont get my results until the 19th of august :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi Great to hear from You! I haven't met anybody from Italy yet, so it would be nice to see you there
    (Original post by claudia_IT)

THANKS FOR THE LINK! Didn't know about this group, I have joined already

ReputationRep:
    THANKS FOR THE LINK! Didn't know about this group, I have joined already
    You're welcome! I found it by chance and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Argh, unfortunately I cannot make it to any of the applicant open days. So I'll have to arrange an individual meeting with the uni.
    Hope I'll be able to access the site soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys If we all have FB why we are not friends there Mine is http://www.facebook.com/mpetev

ReputationRep:

seriously dont worry the unis quite good in that first year applicants get guaranteed accomadation and as first year entrants your likley to be in the "ghettos "

the good thing about applying early is that you can see your flatmates if u get on great if not change flat but the later you apply the less likley it is you will get a chane to switch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azzi)
    seriously dont worry the unis quite good in that first year applicants get guaranteed accomadation and as first year entrants your likley to be in the "ghettos "

the good thing about applying early is that you can see your flatmates if u get on great if not change flat but the later you apply the less likley it is you will get a chane to switch
    Hey, thanks for that information. I just woke up
    Are you at Heriot-Watt now? And if yes what do you study?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for that information. I just woke up
    Are you at Heriot-Watt now? And if yes what do you study?
    yeah im at heriot watt the now

studying electrical and electronic enginnering

if you hav any questions feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    Nobody posted here for a loooong time :-(

So what are you guys up to? Working hard to score at upcoming exams ?

I am still taking it easy, but my first exam is Maths S1 on 27th of May so I am going to have to start revising very shortly... :-P

ReputationRep:
    Well all of the guys (almost all) received offers so no one is posting.
    Personally for me I`m waiting for September to come And trying to spend as much money as I can.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Heriot-Watt University
    Edinburgh Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. Heriot-Watt University
    Textiles and Design (Scottish Borders Campus) Undergraduate
    Fri, 12 Oct '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.