Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, the offical freshers facebook page is here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=270223709260&v=wal l#!/group.php?gid=108663939155346&re f=ts - there are current students there who can answer your question or ease your worries and freshers week events will be announced there!

ReputationRep:
    Well I`m getting tired of joining 131893127 official freshers groups. So I prefer using the student union page - the events will be there for sure.

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for MSc petroleum engineering for sept 2010.

i was asked for a telephonic interview with Dr Jim somerville, the course director. i talked to him on 20th May and he told me that i will be sent a conditional offer in next week.

waiting for the same.

has any one recieved there conditional offer letters?

how much time does it take to get one after interview?

ReputationRep:
    recieve mine back in october about 2 weeks or a week after appplying but that might not be much help! i dont think it should take more than a week or two?

ReputationRep:
    Got my conditional offer on 17th May. Dubai Campus though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -M$ [email protected])
    Got my conditional offer on 17th May. Dubai Campus though.
    Congrats! Dubai? Wow, so do you live somewhere near Dubai then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surfista)
    Congrats! Dubai? Wow, so do you live somewhere near Dubai then?
    Thanks.

Yep.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what the timetables are like for mechanical engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran--f)
    anyone know what the timetables are like for mechanical engineering
    http://www.mec.hw.ac.uk/publicdocs/timetables.htm

I think it gets updated sometime in August.

ReputationRep:
    I cant choose between heriot watt and uws (hamilton campus)

ReputationRep:
    So i get the auld conditional offer...which is grand but one of the conditions was that i prove that i have adequate financial support, how does that get done??

Congrats to all with offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMacken)
    So i get the auld conditional offer...which is grand but one of the conditions was that i prove that i have adequate financial support, how does that get done??

Congrats to all with offers!
    http://www.englishforums.com/English...gbzpd/post.htm
    think that might help or even call the college about it , really helpful with all that and congratulations
    what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarbbz)
    http://www.englishforums.com/English...gbzpd/post.htm
    think that might help or even call the college about it , really helpful with all that and congratulations
    what course?

Cheers...going doing Sustainable River Catchment Flood Management masters...... which i think is a very long title!

How bout you, are you doing the leaving???

ReputationRep:
    Sustainable River Catchment Flood Management
    Restecpa it is really a long title

ReputationRep:
    I cant choose between heriot watt and uws (hamilton campus)

alright mate i went to both and would say heriot watt uws has just changed to a uni (formerly known as bell college) so heriot watt is a more "respected" uni although a must admit the lecturers at uws were fantastic and totally helped me with any problems i had the problem with heriot watt is that the lecturers are more distant from the students in that they dont interact with the students

ReputationRep:
    Cheers...going doing Sustainable River Catchment Flood Management masters...... which i think is a very long title!

How bout you, are you doing the leaving???
    yes that is title XD
    ah physics for me!
    ugh sadly i am stuck till the 25th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azzi)
    alright mate i went to both and would say heriot watt uws has just changed to a uni (formerly known as bell college) so heriot watt is a more "respected" uni although a must admit the lecturers at uws were fantastic and totally helped me with any problems i had the problem with heriot watt is that the lecturers are more distant from the students in that they dont interact with the students
    ok so witch would you recommend for enjoyment because I would be on campus this is the uws in hamilton and it looked very small

ReputationRep:
    ok so witch would you recommend for enjoyment because I would be on campus this is the uws in hamilton and it looked very small

i'd choose heriot watt then, hamilton is tiny and theres only one decent nightclub - hamilton palace apart from that you need to go in to glasgow although heriot watt is in the middle of noware its only a 15 min bus ride to the centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azzi)
    i'd choose heriot watt then, hamilton is tiny and theres only one decent nightclub - hamilton palace apart from that you need to go in to glasgow although heriot watt is in the middle of noware its only a 15 min bus ride to the centre
    OK thanks the lecturers for the motorsport engineering seemed real good anyway and the requirements are less i was just worried it would feel like a university since its so small

ReputationRep:
    OK thanks the lecturers for the motorsport engineering seemed real good anyway and the requirements are less i was just worried it would feel like a university since its so small

dont get me wrong i loved my time at uws the lecturers are 100 times better than heriot watt but heriot is "more of a uni" if i could i would have stayed at uws

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.