Turn on thread page Beta

The thinner you are, the harder it is to lose weight? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    I used the word 'stone' not 'tone' having trouble with your S's?

& I appreciate there is a difference, but my efficient comment was towards skinny people

your reading comprehension as bad as your biology?
    Oops, I meant leaner. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Oops, I meant leaner. :teehee:
    your point being?

leaner = i.e. having a lower bodyfat

the lower your BF% the harder it is to get lower

correct me if I am wrong?

ReputationRep:
    your point being?

leaner = i.e. having a lower bodyfat

the lower your BF% the harder it is to get lower

correct me if I am wrong?
    That's only true because your body is not designed to go down to 3% bodyfat silly muffin.

ReputationRep:
    Dificulty in losing weight is directly proportional to how much you like stuffing your face.... fatty

ReputationRep:
    yeeeep totally agree!

ReputationRep:
    That's only true because your body is not designed to go down to 3% bodyfat silly muffin.
    Right..

answer me this then Andromeda

There are two people. They are both male, same height/bone structure. Same diet

Person A is 14st
    Person B is 12st

Both want to lose 1 stone

Both start walking 30 mins a day

Person A loses more weight than B

Explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    You obviously don't realise how ignorant you sound, I'd stop now if I were you.

Had you just, been wrong, it wouldn't be so bad; the mature knowledgeable people would politely correct your lack understanding. But the fact that you're trying to be a ****, AND you are wrong, makes it so much funnier. Keep it up, I can't decide which post is more stupid, the 1st or 2nd...
    Off topic,
    but that disgusting amount of bacon in your sig
    makes me feel sick. :dong:

ReputationRep:
    Person A is shifting an extra 2st around, thus burning more energy
    If you exercise more when you're slimmer it's more likely you'll gain muscle mass than simply burning off fat, so 'losing weight' will be harder, but the weight gets shifted around into a healthier form
    Going to OP's actual question... situps?
    I love how discussions on here spiral off uncontrollably

ReputationRep:
    stupid person is stupid.

the leaner you get the more you are fighting nature

getting from 30% BF to 20% is relatively easy, just calorie control and minor exercise will do

getting to say below 10% BF isn't just 'calorie control' and 'moderate exercise'

i have to do loads of effort just to shed 1lb whereas someone who has excess of 3 stones to lose doesnt need to change much
    I watched a show on BBC4 about how the diet of the nation had changed over the last 100 years and how our health had changed etc, and i do remember now how fatter people have higher metabolisms because of the amount of work they have to do.

They also did a comparison between 2 sisters who were twins but had never met and were re united at 40 years old. One had eaten healthy and excercised her whole life watching her weight whereas the other had lived in the southwest of the US and eaten fatty meats and not watched what she ate her entire life and the weight diffrence between them was only 4 pounds.

i think some of it has to do with genetics etc, and im not on about spot toning to the people who keep saying that, i know thats not possible im just asking a question as i dont eat that much but the fat never seems to disapear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jajderian)
    Person A is shifting an extra 2st around, thus burning more energy
    If you exercise more when you're slimmer it's more likely you'll gain muscle mass than simply burning off fat, so 'losing weight' will be harder, but the weight gets shifted around into a healthier form
    Going to OP's actual question... situps?
    I love how discussions on here spiral off uncontrollably
    1st point is correct, rest of it is wrong. except for last sentence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Off topic,
    but that disgusting amount of bacon in your sig
    makes me feel sick. :dong:
    It's actually not enough bacon.

ReputationRep:
    Right..

answer me this then Andromeda

There are two people. They are both male, same height/bone structure. Same diet

Person A is 14st
    Person B is 12st

Both want to lose 1 stone

Both start walking 30 mins a day

Person A loses more weight than B

Explain?
    Even though person B has the faster metabolism, Person A weighs more and so will still end up losing more.

Simple maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    1st point is correct, rest of it is wrong. except for last sentence
    why's the rest of it wrong? surely you don't reach one weight then just stop regardless of how much exercise you do, its still going to have an affect on your body, & if you're still eating you're not going to just waste away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    It's actually not enough bacon.
    What do you mean?
    There's enough bacon there to feed Africa :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Even though person B has the faster metabolism, Person A weighs more and so will still end up losing more.

Simple maths.
    Surely you are trolling and this is a wind up? Nobody can be Most people aren't this stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Surely you are trolling and this is a wind up? Nobody can be Most people aren't this stupid.
    Its not trolling, simple logic im afraid

ReputationRep:

Simple maths.
    Ok maybe my maths needs work

Let's assume they both walked same speed, same distance

so therefore if the fat person lost more, then their body burnt more i.e. higher metabolism

I am confused Mr Andromeda

ReputationRep:
    If 2 people weighed 12 stone, with person A having 10% bodyfat and person B having 30% bodyfat, which person would have a higher metabolism? Also, someone said there's a difference between a higher and a more efficient metabolism. What does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    sithius wasn't you the person that was working out exact calorie intake and working out your weight loss that way or something.

Basically you're using basic maths to try and explain complex situations. Add to that you don't have a clue about anything and it makes you an irritant.

ReputationRep:
    i'm guessing 10 percent man would have higher metabolism due to more muscles?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.