Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes ok, one of the top 20 institutions in the county then.

Which one though? Why all shy to be specific 'darling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpro)
    Let's just say, it's Russell Group.

so yes, welldone We have established Russel Group, but where is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who2004uk)
    Ah.

I'm off to the London School of Economics though 'darling'.

Go ahead though, do you need a shovel or are you ok to keep digging yourself into that hole.
    Btw, graduating as an old man really is no feat. You've had it so much easier than A-level students, who actually have to achieve high grades. You just come along and are able to say, 'I'vE gOt No QuAlIfIcAsHuNs BuT lEt mE iN aNyWaY bEcAuSe I'm 'MaChOor' and the uni's say 'OK'.

If I was in your position, I'd be embarrassed that I wasn't going to Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, graduating as an old man really is no feat. You've had it so much easier than A-level students, who actually have to achieve high grades. You just come along and are able to say, 'I'vE gOt No QuAlIfIcAsHuNs BuT lEt mE iN aNyWaY bEcAuSe I'm 'MaChOor' and the uni's say 'OK'.

Where do you get off being so cruel to people? Why is it that someone who is doing different to you is obviously of less importance and status. I think you need to grow up. For gods sake I'm only 17 and I'm more mature and understanding than you will probably ever be.

ReputationRep:

I'm 21 years old.

I achieved at college a couple of years ago:

English Language A
    Sociology B
    History B

I've needed to boost my application to gain entry to the LSE.

I'm here all day sunpro, what can you throw at me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyFran)
    Where do you get off being so cruel to people? Why is it that someone who is doing different to you is obviously of less importance and status. I think you need to grow up. For gods sake I'm only 17 and I'm more mature and understanding than you will probably ever be.
    Oh no don't say that, the joke is on Sunpro. I'd absolutly love to know her academic profile.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 years old.

I achieved at college a couple of years ago:

English Language A
    Sociology B
    History B

I've needed to boost my application to gain entry to the LSE.

I'm here all day sunpro, what can you throw at me?
    ABB; I got AAAab. I could have got into LSE 3 years ago, but didn't want to go to London. You've still had it easier than the vast majority of A-level students. Any old muppet can get ABB and then do an Access course alongside a load of old dropouts; they're ******* easy.

ReputationRep:
    ABB; I got AAAab. I could have got into LSE 3 years ago, but didn't want to go to London. You've still had it easier than the vast majority of A-level students. Any old muppet can get ABB and then do an Access course alongside a load of old dropouts; they're ******* easy.
    haha, I smell ********.

Anyway, you can stop at my parents apartment in New York should you gain an interview? Up to you.

Come on then hot shot, which university did you go to? what grade did you get etc?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no don't say that, the joke is on Sunpro. I'd absolutly love to know her academic profile.
    And by the looks of it, they don't wish to share it

ReputationRep:
    And by the looks of it, they don't wish to share it
    I can't wait for her reply. Hurry up sunpro!!

ReputationRep:
    haha, I smell ********.

Anyway, you can stop at my parents apartment in New York should you gain an interview? Up to you.

Come on then hot shot, which university did you go to? what grade did you get etc?
    I don't really care whether you think I'm B.S.ing.

I've told you once, it's part of the Russell Group, and no I'm not going to say which one it is because I wouldn't want some 21 year old Access course fool stalking me. I got a 2:1 in my first and second year though (I'm a third year) if it's any of your business. Anyway, my prospects of working in New York are relatively high, seeing as I've already spent the last two summers working in Canada.

ReputationRep:

I've told you once, it's part of the Russell Group, and no I'm not going to say which one it is because I wouldn't want some 21 year old Access course fool stalking me. I got a 2:1 in my first and second year though (I'm a third year) if it's any of your business. Anyway, my prospects of working in New York are relatively high, seeing as I've already spent the last two summers working in Canada.
    Mate, I can't speak for Who2004uk, but I don't like you so I sure as hell won't be stalking. So come on which uni, or are you ashamed?

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I can't speak for Who2004uk, but I don't like you so I sure as hell won't be stalking. So come on which uni, or are you ashamed?
    Lets just leave her alone, don't feed the trolls.

ReputationRep:

First of all, that's nonsense - Oxbridge is essentially meritocratic and does not lower its standards for mature students.
    Anyway, sunpro, do you realise what a nasty kind of person you appear to be? Your posts are just vile and you've obviously got a massive chip on your shoulder. Pathetic.

ReputationRep:

It's obvious Sunpro is an enormous troll. It must be difficult for you, Sunpro creating an anonymous account on the internet and being a complete moron. I do hope that one day you are happy enough in life so you don't feel the need to come on the internet and act like a complete moron.

Oh what a poor, dull, loveless life you must lead .

I do hope things get better for you sunpro. Good luck with your degree and I hope by the time you graduate you've discovered better things to do with your time, you sad, pathetic individual . xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMcD)
    It's obvious Sunpro is an enormous troll. It must be difficult for you, Sunpro creating an anonymous account on the internet and being a complete moron. I do hope that one day you are happy enough in life so you don't feel the need to come on the internet and act like a complete moron.

Oh what a poor, dull, loveless life you must lead .

I do hope things get better for you sunpro. Good luck with your degree and I hope by the time you graduate you've discovered better things to do with your time, you sad, pathetic individual . xxx
    Awww thank you. Your good wishes really mean a lot to me. I'm going to go to sleep tonight knowing that AshMcD, who is 25 and not yet at university, and even when he goes it's only going to be LSB to do a much easier version of nursing, wishes me well. It really touches my heart.

We're dragging this thread off topic though. OP, do an apprenticeship only after you've done A-levels so that you've got them to fall back on.

ReputationRep:
    Awww thank you. Your good wishes really mean a lot to me. I'm going to go to sleep tonight knowing that AshMcD, who is 25 and not yet at university, and even when he goes it's only going to be LSB to do a much easier version of nursing, wishes me well. It really touches my heart.

We're dragging this thread off topic though. OP, do an apprenticeship only after you've done A-levels so that you've got them to fall back on.
    I should change that, I'm doing chemistry. Not that I would've been in any way ashamed of doing radiotherapy .

Good bye dear xx.

ReputationRep:
    well guys , i went to connextions and they told me , i couldnt do plumbing anyway which really messed me up now , they said my maths and english GCSE wouldnt hack the process for an apprenticeship , now im 18 years old not doing anything , 19 in october and i will be charged everything, why does my life suck??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious123)
    well guys , i went to connextions and they told me , i couldnt do plumbing anyway which really messed me up now , they said my maths and english GCSE wouldnt hack the process for an apprenticeship , now im 18 years old not doing anything , 19 in october and i will be charged everything, why does my life suck??
    Did you not say you havent been doing anything for 3 years? My guess would be you took too long to take action. By the way, what led to you from being dismissed from college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    Did you not say you havent been doing anything for 3 years? My guess would be you took too long to take action. By the way, what led to you from being dismissed from college?

nothing major i guess , it was attendance , work was handed in but attendance got to a point where i was the lowest in the class , but i had reasons which afterwards they understood , i didnt know i wanted to do something in the practical area like plumbing , i always thought i would go to uni doing business or IT , but i always have issues , i guess making money is my only drive now

well i guess i could kill myself noone else would notice

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.