Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i-Kube Insurance - Insure A BMW For £1,600 @ The Age Of 18?! watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had quotes ranging from 1.4-2.0l for about £1800 tops.

Even if I could get the quote half that price I'd still like to be able to drive when I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Are you 18? If so, thats really strange for a 2.0litre. I got quoted 6,000 for my old mans bimmer.

What area do you live in richie rich? What else did you put down when getting a quote? There must of been something to show that kind of a difference. Also, what cars where you looking at? Becuase if I can get insured for under £2,000, I'm happy. (PS: what insurers where you looking at?)

ReputationRep:
    Blatant advertising is blatant.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be the first time that we've been spammed with i-Kube stuff. Maybe the company employs people to 'subtly 'advertise on student forums? Anyway, i-Kube is a stupid buzzword sort of name for a company, thus you shouldn't give them a penny. Or, if you do buy from them, encase their GPS transmitter in a block of lead...

ReputationRep:
    You think its a good idea that an insurance company can track your cars whereabouts, its speed and direction 24/7?! Like hell would I want that on my car. Ok if you drive like a grandma, but anyone who likes to press on that gas pedal is going to find themselves in hot water I think. Daft idea.

ReputationRep:
    What if your dad needs to nip out to the garage for a condom at 11.45pm on a friday night?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You might aswell just by a Bus Pass, the point of a car is to have freedom to do where you want.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)
    What if your dad needs to nip out to the garage for a condom at 11.45pm on a friday night?
    easy, no sexy time for daddy which in turn will make mummy angry :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrvn)
    I was quoted £3,500 for 1.4 1999 Golf. I'm sorry, but that is rape and a half.

Freedom to drive? C'mon, what would you seriously be doing out on the street after that time anyway? And even if you where, it will only cost £45 per night. + the fact you still payed half the money to insure it, so if you where ever to go over and over, I doubt it would ever get close to the original quote by the end of the year.

Again, I'm talking about a BMW here. I got quoted on my dads insurer £6,000+ (+ my £500 that my old man pays)

Anyways, what I'm trying to find out is, if this is for real or not.
    Well I am in my early 20's with few years NCB so I don't need to worry about this anyway. Only £45 per night, lol I'll end up paying 1k extra. I am always doing something random at night-would rather not have a curfew hehe. It's only a 2 litre as well BMW, hardly a tuned hot hatch.

ReputationRep:
    A single night costing £45? **** that, better to call a cab for that.

ReputationRep:
    I got quoted £1600 on a 99 1.4 golf...what the hell are you doing wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Tesco cheap as chips

ReputationRep:
    Im 23, never drove, got a quote on a 1.0 corsa, 1.2 punto, best i can get is £1447!

ReputationRep:
    Thats what my insurance was like for my first car... that was with admiral though and they are ridiculously expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrvn)
    Nope. That's not what I was trying to say. I was trying to point out that insuring a 2.0 litre BMW in a rough neigbourhood will only cost £1,600? It just seemed to good to be true. First time driver and only 18m? Wow.
    I understood that but other people didn't seem to, you were just using that as an example :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    You might aswell just by a Bus Pass, the point of a car is to have freedom to do where you want.
    Whilst that is true, a lot of people wouldn't need to drive between 11pm and 5am.. I mean unless you're going out which means you'll be drinking anyway so can't drive, why would you need to drive at those times?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin_123)
    Whilst that is true, a lot of people wouldn't need to drive between 11pm and 5am.. I mean unless you're going out which means you'll be drinking anyway so can't drive, why would you need to drive at those times?
    I drive between these times quite a lot tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Maybe so, but if your on a budget then frankly its a win imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O_RLY?)
    I got quoted £1600 on a 99 1.4 golf...what the hell are you doing wrong?
    Why did you do Economics if you wanted to do Chemistry? I'm asking because I'm thinking of doing excactly the same A-levels as you because I don't know if I want to do medicine or Economics :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin_123)
    I want to do Paramedic Science at university, that means shifts between those times, with the possibility of having to leave before 5 AM! it's not that great for people who work nights, and basically counts out all healthcare students (nurses work nights too!)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.