Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got my college interviews next weeek and have applied for History A level, but I did awfully in all my mock GCSE's because I hardly revised for them at all and didn't put much effort into them. I got an E in my history mock but I'm predicted a B in the real thing, do you think they would mind?

ReputationRep:
    No, they should only really look at what you have been predicted for all your GCSE subjects. They should then ask you for a minimum set of grades they wish you to attain (minding your interview goes well ofc).
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't think mock gcse grades are passed on most of the time, it's only predicted grades that are normally sent to colleges...you'll be fine :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1 boss)
    (minding your interview goes well ofc).
    Wow, do colleges actually care about the interview? In my interview, the guy just spent about 10 minutes telling me about his granddaughter! I never even thought it was important!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tikkitak)
    Wow, do colleges actually care about the interview? In my interview, the guy just spent about 10 minutes telling me about his granddaughter! I never even thought it was important!
    Mine too :giggle: well it was his mother not his granddaughter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobFossil)
    I've got my college interviews next weeek and have applied for History A level, but I did awfully in all my mock GCSE's because I hardly revised for them at all and didn't put much effort into them. I got an E in my history mock but I'm predicted a B in the real thing, do you think they would mind?
    Its unlikely the college will ever find out what you got in your mocks, unless your school lowers your predicted grades on the basis of your mock results you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    At the interviews for our college, they asked to see predicted grades and your most recent school report - I don't think many places ask about mocks, although if they ask for your school report and it says you're below target or something, I guess they might ask why. I shouldn't think it would be a huge issue though, as long as you get the grade in the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the sixth form college I suppose. I'm currently applying for a place at a comprehensive sixth form and also for a scholarship at a private grammar school. One asks for predicted grades and extra-curricular activities whilst the latter asks for mock examination results. If you have an appealing set of estimated grades then you shouldn't worry too much. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobFossil)
    I was/am in the exact same situation at you, apart from the fact that the college I applied to asked you to bring your mock results with you. I got a D in Maths--and yes, I'm taking it for A level. But tbh, if they don't ask for your mocks then don't bring it up and don't worry. My predicted grades are okay, and my interviewer seemed impressed by them so... Yeah. I think colleges look at your overall application/references/interviewers report (at least the one that I applied to did), and as long your predicted to meet the entry requirements I see no reason they shouldn't give an offer if you tick all the boxes.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect most colleges/sixth forms know that a lot of people do a lot worse in their mocks than real things and it is the predicted grades that matter. I know my mock grades weren't passed on, and if they were I think as long as you have good predictions then any poor results will be cancelled out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.