Turn on thread page Beta

She kissed me, but is now distant. (I'm a girl btw.) watch

Announcements

I met this girl on my course (I know she's gay) through a friend, and over the past week we saw each other on a few occassions with friends, have only had one long chat alone, and walked together home from a party last Saturday though sober. I was surprised when she kissed me as we reached my halls.

Since then, we've not really continued talking. We didn't talk much anyway as we weren't really friends or anything. but since then I've always been the one initiating conversation, couple of times by text. Now she's kissed me I like her a lot.

But more and more it feels she doesn't feel the same way just because she doesn't really initate talking or anything- I really don't know what to do from here. Tell her? Just let it be, stop making all the effort, and see how it goes? I'm not used to being the one chasing, it's horrible.

Can't believe I'm making a thread about it..!

ReputationRep:
    Describe the kiss, I feel this is necessary for me to provide a valid response.

ReputationRep:
    Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Are you openly bi/gay? Sometimes it seems like girls wait for you to make the first move to make sure they're not pushing a straight/bi-curious girl into anything. Or maybe she's just the type that likes to be chased.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her, if you were both sober then there was obviously a reason she kissed you. Maybe she's acting the way she is becuase she thinks you feel differently to how she feels...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we definitely need pics of the situation in order to help.

ReputationRep:
    Are you (fairly) straight? Or did she think you were?

If she's openly gay then she may have liked you and got a good vibe from you, kissed you, and then felt guilty/worried afterwards about what your later reaction would be. I think your best bet would be just to text her and ask her straight out what the situation is - she may be being distant/trying to sweep it under the carpet because she thinks you'll want to do the same.

If you were both sober when it happened though, then chances are she does like you.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe shes not sure whether she's a fan of drinking from the fairy tea cup? Just a thought...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    Are you openly bi/gay? Sometimes it seems like girls wait for you to make the first move to make sure they're not pushing a straight/bi-curious girl into anything. Or maybe she's just the type that likes to be chased.
    yeah i agree

she probably feels awkward about doing it and doesn't realise that you liked it. she's probably scared she freaked you out.

go talk to her about it and tell her you feel the same way; cos if she kissed you she obviously likes you!

ReputationRep:
    Pics or I'm calling the trolling police :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Describe the kiss, I feel this is necessary for me to provide a valid response.
    And pictures or video, some form of visual media please OP, I don't want to give you a sub-par response.

She knows I'm not straight in the slightest yeah
    this has been honestly oh so helpful so far :p:

ReputationRep:
    i think shes waiting for you to say how you feel..she may be thinking shes freaked you out..go tell her you liked it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.