Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well its only fair :p: I think 2nd years can get tem nd 3rd years but they mostly get allocated to 4th years

I really would advise halls though, second years + will live in the flats tbh :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going straight into 2nd year!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh you will be in my year

I dunno then! live on campus for a year at least!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I definitely will.

I stayed at home the first time I went to uni so I definitely want to stay on campus this time. At least for a year or two.

I'm glad I've been offered 2nd year entry though. I honestly don't think I could stay in halls. 17/18yr olds away from home for the first time?! Oh my god!!

ReputationRep:
    You wouldnt like me then haha

Though ASH is bloody quiet lol :p: (im in murray!)

Im going private next year because I like the ide of a freezer nd double glazing lol

ReputationRep:
    Haha!! The flats do have freezers, it's just the halls that don't!

Nah don't be daft! It's nothing to do with not liking youngsters (I sound 80!) it's just that I have different priorities (e.g. I sleep more and don't party hard anymore!) so halls would be a nightmare for me!

I was going to ask... do you know when returning undergrads get to apply for their accomodation? Because if they get to do it early then I won't stand a chance of getting anything good as a new 2nd year as I wont get to apply til July or whenever the welcome packs go out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    Haha!! The flats do have freezers, it's just the halls that don't!

Nah don't be daft! It's nothing to do with not liking youngsters (I sound 80!) it's just that I have different priorities (e.g. I sleep more and don't party hard anymore!) so halls would be a nightmare for me!

I was going to ask... do you know when returning undergrads get to apply for their accomodation? Because if they get to do it early then I won't stand a chance of getting anything good as a new 2nd year as I wont get to apply til July or whenever the welcome packs go out!
    yeah And I have no idea to be honest but you should be fine as you havent lived on campus before..? Im not sure sorry im naught but a useless first year

I want to live near the pub and tesco haha

ReputationRep:
    Haha those are pretty good priorities! Pub and tesco are necessary to life. Although I am more partial to Asda!

ReputationRep:
    Asda in alloa is :love: But you need to drive! Hence why I am learning lol

The med is awesome But I ddont like taxing it home from pubs in town

ReputationRep:
    Ah! I have a car thankfully! And as I'll be a 2nd year entry I don't have to leave it at home!

I don't really drink (I sickened myself when I was a disgusting teenager lol... I was a filthy drinker!) so I'm happy to drive home from the pub. I'll even be a designated driver but there is a no vomit in my car rule!

ReputationRep:
    Ah! I have a car thankfully! And as I'll be a 2nd year entry I don't have to leave it at home!

I don't really drink (I sickened myself when I was a disgusting teenager lol... I was a filthy drinker!) so I'm happy to drive home from the pub. I'll even be a designated driver but there is a no vomit in my car rule!
    Lol its a 5 minute walk to the med which is the local

Clubbing etc iits a 10 in the taxi or the bus is 80p

The car is only neccessary when you cant be bothered lol

ReputationRep:
    You could live in town in the Union Street complex (which is a two minute walk from Tesco) if you wanted to stay with the uni, but be in town, but I would totally not reccommend it. Plus the "freezers" you get in flats are those tiny three drawer things that are most definitely not big enough for 3 people, never mind six! We're starting to look for our flat at the end of this week so I'm excited.

ReputationRep:
    For my first year I definitely want to stay on campus... freezers or no freezers!!

After that I'll probably look into off campus accommodation. Good luck with your flat viewing!

ReputationRep:
    Okay so Edinburgh rejected me *sad face*. Now I just have to choose between Glasgow and Stirling (and Edinburgh Napier but they are my last choice and I'll only firm them if I can't come up with a way to get money for my fees between now and the decision date for UCAS!)

ReputationRep:
    Okay so Edinburgh rejected me *sad face*. Now I just have to choose between Glasgow and Stirling (and Edinburgh Napier but they are my last choice and I'll only firm them if I can't come up with a way to get money for my fees between now and the decision date for UCAS!)
    Now you can move out though - it's a good thing! You didn't like staying at home before and you probably wouldn't like it this time either.

ReputationRep:
    This is true... but my desire to have money is stronger than my desire to move out lol! Therefore Edinburgh would have been perfect. I could have kept my current job and been earning lots of money (part time obviously but over £10/hour) and stayed at home and saved lots of money!

You're right though. This will give me the push I need!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.