Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! i hope to come to keele in september to do nursing (child branch) but i am also hoping to live in private accommodation with my bf! i have heard about the keele bubble and wonder if my university experience and being able to make friends is going to suffer because i will be living off campus! i dont mind about missing out on the experience ov living in halls but am worried that i wont be able to make friends and will be n my own when i actually am on campus. please help! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstyJane)
    Hey! i hope to come to keele in september to do nursing (child branch) but i am also hoping to live in private accommodation with my bf! i have heard about the keele bubble and wonder if my university experience and being able to make friends is going to suffer because i will be living off campus! i dont mind about missing out on the experience ov living in halls but am worried that i wont be able to make friends and will be n my own when i actually am on campus. please help! xx
    Hi there,

sadly with your chosen course your social life will be significantly less, as you will be doing shifts ranging from 7ams, 9ams, 1pms and nights.
    also the nursing school isn't on campus, its in newcastle under lyme so if you lived off campus here you would be closer to it.
    hope this helps. x

ReputationRep:
    Making friends won't be an issue unless you let it become one.

I live off campus and I'm a first year and I have made a fair few friends and have a rather active social life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    Making friends won't be an issue unless you let it become one.

I live off campus and I'm a first year and I have made a fair few friends and have a rather active social life
    Thanks! Apart from people on yor course is there anythin else you can suggest e.g societies that you have found to be a good way of making friends and/or havin fun xx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Apart from people on yor course is there anythin else you can suggest e.g societies that you have found to be a good way of making friends and/or havin fun xx
    Societies are a definite

Some departments do drinks and nibbles as an introductory thing. I made a few friends that way. Another thing is being introduced to other people helps you to make friends.

The Keele bubble does exist so you'll probably find yourself speaking to and meeting new people wherever you are.

Regarding having fun, Wednesday is the best night at the union. There are quizzes, karaoke, X Factor shows and loads of other events going on. You can find an events planner poster in the union for every couple of months or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    Societies are a definite

Some departments do drinks and nibbles as an introductory thing. I made a few friends that way. Another thing is being introduced to other people helps you to make friends.

The Keele bubble does exist so you'll probably find yourself speaking to and meeting new people wherever you are.

Regarding having fun, Wednesday is the best night at the union. There are quizzes, karaoke, X Factor shows and loads of other events going on. You can find an events planner poster in the union for every couple of months or so
    thank you very much xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmm... the Keele Bubble IS pretty amazing... just make a few good friends who's rooms you can cotch in
    Personally, i think staying in accomodation makes Uni all the more worth it, but I don't know if that'll apply to everyone.
    Just be sure that you really want to live with your boyfriend before you turn down the opportunity.

I don't mean to confuse things for you, sorry if I did :s

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.