Turn on thread page Beta

My flatmates stole my pills watch

Hey anon please as my flatmates are on here (although reading this they'll probably know it's me)

I'm a fresher in self-catered halls and I suffer from an Iron deficiency because of this I have to take pills with meals and sometimes powdered supplements, A few times my flatmates have had a bit of banter with me about it, just lighthearted humor like hiding it and stuff.

This morning I went into the kitchen and couldn't find the pills or powder. I definatly left them on the counter just after midnight last night (I leave them in the kitchen because, it's easily accesible and sometimes I forget to take them with meals), although my flatmates went out last night I'm not sure if they've bought anyone back with them. I asked them if they've taken it but, they said no but, I don't know if I can trust them. We arn't particularly close, they never really invite me out or even acknowledge me unless I make an effort.

Anyway what do you think I should do if I can't find it, It will cost £25 to replace and I don't think any of them would have stolen it to take for themselves so what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    Have you explained the cost to the flatmates? Sounds like you're living with a bunch of fan dans tbh.

Mention it again after having a good look in your room etc, I'd confront them about it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    When they go out without you, have a look in their rooms.

ReputationRep:
    Surely if it important you would have an "emergency supply" in your room just in case? If they have taken it they obviously were doing it for a laugh, and were probably wasted so noone knows where the stuff is?
    Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them once more firmly, something like "Okay now's the time to tell me please if you've got my pills because I really can't afford to replace them." If they still don't admit anything, either they're telling the truth or they're hard-faced tossers who'll never give them back - outcome's the same; you're going to have to cough up for some more pills. I don't see any other way round it this time.

But in future, do not leave your medication lying around. You say you sometimes forget to take them with meals - well, just don't. Keep them in your room and make yourself a reminder or something, stick a post-it on your door so before you go out of your room to make food you'll see "Take pills!!" on your door. It'll just become a habit eventually to take them with you when you make food.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them and if you can't find them, learn your lesson not to leave valuable **** around.

ReputationRep:
    Just collapse and pretend to be unconscious on the floor whilst in the same room as them, should give them a fright and force them to get the pills if they have them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ywiss)
    Ask them once more firmly, something like "Okay now's the time to tell me please if you've got my pills because I really can't afford to replace them." If they still don't admit anything, either they're telling the truth or they're hard-faced tossers who'll never give them back - outcome's the same; you're going to have to cough up for some more pills. I don't see any other way round it this time.

But in future, do not leave your medication lying around. You say you sometimes forget to take them with meals - well, just don't. Keep them in your room and make yourself a reminder or something, stick a post-it on your door so before you go out of your room to make food you'll see "Take pills!!" on your door. It'll just become a habit eventually to take them with you when you make food.
    This. ALLLL of this.

(Original post by CJN)
    When they go out without you, have a look in their rooms.
    They lock their doors when they go out

(Original post by Will1692)
    Surely if it important you would have an "emergency supply" in your room just in case? If they have taken it they obviously were doing it for a laugh, and were probably wasted so noone knows where the stuff is?
    Hope this helps.
    I do have an "emergency supply" as you said but, it's only meant to last for 2 weeks and also the cost of replacing them is £25 which for a student like me is a lot for something I shouldn't have to get (like having £25 stolen from you).

In a way it does help, not now that I know that maybe they were wasted so I'll never find it again

ReputationRep:
    Just go and drink some Guinness, it's full of iron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Just collapse and pretend to be unconscious on the floor whilst in the same room as them, should give them a fright and force them to get the pills if they have them.
    this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will1692)
    If they have taken it they obviously were doing it for a laugh, and were probably wasted so noone knows where the stuff is?
    Hope this helps.
    Agreed, still very crap of them

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, it is possible that someone, even the cleaner came in and saw them on the side first thing in the morning and threw them away or put them in a cupboard. Sorry to hear about this but be careful about jumping to conclusions; theft is a serious accusation to make, especially with medicine/pills.

(Original post by Jayjayjay)
    Hmm, it is possible that someone, even the cleaner came in and saw them on the side first thing in the morning and threw them away or put them in a cupboard. Sorry to hear about this but be careful about jumping to conclusions; theft is a serious accusation to make, especially with medicine/pills.
    Well I woke up at about 8ish today and the cleaner only came at 10 so it wasn't her.

I'll ask my flatmates one more time and see if anyone comes over, in the meanwhile I'll talk about this to my hall tutor (he's pretty cool and he knows about my deficency and that I don't get on well with my flatmates)

(Original post by Jayjayjay)
    Found them now, they were in the cupboard where the ironing board is. I don't know which one took them but, this is the third time this has happened now so I really want to get revenge. I'm thinking Laxatives in food but, I have no idea whos food I should do it to.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the intensive care unit at hospital for iron deficiency and then they'll care more about you.

Or you could always just man up.

Either one is fine

ReputationRep:
    It's not like you're diabetic and they're nicking your insulin. Retaliating wouldn't even take you down to their level, it makes you worse than them.

And it's an iron supplement, eat a steak and let's be done with you.

ReputationRep:
    Glad you found them
    I'd recommend keeping them in your room from now on...

If you've definatly hidden everything from them, put something in all their food (assuming they all piss you off about it that is)

but if you prank them beware for the next few days / weeks :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Found them now, they were in the cupboard where the ironing board is. I don't know which one took them but, this is the third time this has happened now so I really want to get revenge. I'm thinking Laxatives in food but, I have no idea whos food I should do it to.
    Really glad you found them!

No need to take revenge, if they were drunk they probably thought it would either be funny to hide it or were drunkenly trying to tidy up and then forgot about it in the morning. It was left out after all...

Maybe just store them in your room. If you need water/food to take them with then just take one tablet to the kitchen with you or bring the water/food to your room and take it there.

All the best and do talk to your hall tutor, maybe he can have a word with them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.