Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, may have been done to death this but I thought I need to ask before filling a form that I don't need to.

I'm 19 at the minute but turning 20 in March and on the form it just says 16,17,18 and 19 who are in full time education. Now I'll still be in full time education but obviously I'll be 20. Just wondering if that is the cut off age?

ReputationRep:
    A HC1 form has no cut off point age wise once you pass the age of 18. What you're applying under is the 'low income' section, rather than the 'under 18' section. At your age you need to fill the form in, photocopy all your student loan forms/rent agreements/payslips......i.e. anything and everything that will prove your outgoings and ingoings, and if they fall below a certain amount, you get the HC2 form.

Most students who apply get it, so just fill it in, because the last thing you need is to be hit with a dental bill and no HC2 form. *nods*

Read this: http://www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/healthc...tioncosts.aspx

I know it's for prescriptions, but it applies for dental care and all that jazz as well.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.