Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    Claycroft is the place to be if you want to wake up at 9 am say OMFG lecture starts in 5 minutes and arrive at 9.05.
    haha yeah! i think i might put it as second or third choice.. the only thing is that it's further from everything else.. and everyone else..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unmodified)
    haha yeah! i think i might put it as second or third choice.. the only thing is that it's further from everything else.. and everyone else..
    Well Tesco is damn near (nearer than Westwood, in my opinion) so you don't have to go far when shopping. You are a bit far away from everything else though, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unmodified)
    no i meant the course manual thing.. i didn't get one! what's in it???
    Oh right!

I was pretty surprised they gave me one at interview ... maybe it was a mistake or something ... pretty weird mistake to make though on their behalf!

It's got all the course regulations in;
    All the module options and stuff, including how many CATS they are and how they're assessed.

They'll probably give you one when you start

ReputationRep:
    PPE firm!!!!!=D i have no idea what the accomodation is like because i just decided to firm it! really happyy=D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katievalerie)
    Warwick firmer for Law LLB EXCITED
    Well done on getting your offer to do law! Not sure about you, but I can't wait to start...I'm so excited! Do you know of anybody else who has selected Warwick as their firm choice yet?

ReputationRep:
    After going to the Comparative American Studies open day today, which was awesome, I think I'm definitely going to firm Warwick

Anybody else here going for CAS?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh really?
    Let me know how your department day goes x
    The department day was okay. The tour was good, got to see some things I haven't seen, but no accomodation
    The talk was similar to the normal open day one, which I went too.
    When are you going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    The department day was okay. The tour was good, got to see some things I haven't seen, but no accomodation
    Yeah we didn't get to either! I wonder why? seems a bit weird not to show people accommodation on an open day. Though that was the only downside to my day really so it's ok I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdHock)
    Yeah we didn't get to either! I wonder why? seems a bit weird not to show people accommodation on an open day. Though that was the only downside to my day really so it's ok I suppose!
    They also seemed to be the only university to make you pay for parking
    I can see why they don't show you round accomodation, but how come others manage but they don't?

ReputationRep:
    The talk was similar to the normal open day one, which I went too.
    When are you going?
    Gutted you dont get to see accomadation!
    The Law one is on the 17th of March
    so excited!
    What was the tour like?
    And did you drive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw92)
    Well done on getting your offer to do law! Not sure about you, but I can't wait to start...I'm so excited! Do you know of anybody else who has selected Warwick as their firm choice yet?
    Thank you!
    What are you doing there? Me tooo!!
    No not personally all my friends are going elsewhere My one friend wanted to but got rejected do you?

ReputationRep:
    so excited!
    What was the tour like?
    And did you drive?
    Ah right, just thought it might be worth mentioning while the others weren't shown the accommodation:

You can just go and take a walk around and at least see the outsides and locations by yourself - they don't mind
    There is a 'campus map' on the website in the accommodation part of the site too.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    What are you doing there? Me tooo!!
    No not personally all my friends are going elsewhere My one friend wanted to but got rejected do you?
    I'm planning on doing the LLB in Law too, but that's providing I get the grades. (Fingers crossed). Nobody else in my year applied to Warwick for anything....so it's just me! But it's definitely going to be my first choice.
    And because I also had an offer for the Law with Business course, I'm going to put that as my insurance because it's my only offer where the grades are slightly lower. So, as you can see, I really like Warwick.

By the way, have you sorted out accommodation yet? Have you got any preferences??

ReputationRep:
    so excited!
    What was the tour like?
    And did you drive?
    My mum drove, I couldn't be bothered as I didn't know the way and sat navs voice annoys me and I can't keep looking at it while driving without the voice
    Are you going to drive?
    How far away do you live?
    The tour was good, the guide was a 3rd year so she knew a lot about everything!
    I was really impressed with the rock climbing room! It's so cool. And the gym membership for a year is only £50! Which is a lot cheaper than others I have heard of!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw92)
    I'm planning on doing the LLB in Law too, but that's providing I get the grades. (Fingers crossed). Nobody else in my year applied to Warwick for anything....so it's just me! But it's definitely going to be my first choice.
    And because I also had an offer for the Law with Business course, I'm going to put that as my insurance because it's my only offer where the grades are slightly lower. So, as you can see, I really like Warwick.

By the way, have you sorted out accommodation yet? Have you got any preferences??
    Oh thats amazing so are you coming to the law department open day on the 17th of March??
    We can be loners together haaha
    I think Im going to apply for Jack Martin... I reeaaally want an en suite haha!
    what about you?

ReputationRep:
    My mum drove, I couldn't be bothered as I didn't know the way and sat navs voice annoys me and I can't keep looking at it while driving without the voice
    Are you going to drive?
    I was really impressed with the rock climbing room! It's so cool. And the gym membership for a year is only £50! Which is a lot cheaper than others I have heard of!
    Haha im making my mum drive to! I HATE THE SAT NAV LADY! she always tells me to turn too late haha!
    I live in Leeds I think its about a 2 hour drive, wbu?
    What was parking like?
    Oh I'm so excited!
    Rock climing!? COOOOL! oh thats amazing Itd be so good to have a gym!

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats amazing so are you coming to the law department open day on the 17th of March??
    We can be loners together haaha
    I think Im going to apply for Jack Martin... I reeaaally want an en suite haha!
    what about you?
    I'm afraid I'm not going to be there on the 17th because I went to the Open Day two weeks ago.. Sorry, you'll have to be a loner on your own........ :-( But you'll have to let me know how you get on though - the talks are really interesting and it's good to go and have a look around the campus (although you don't get to see inside the accommodation).

On the subject of accommodation, I would also prefer to have an en-suite (not sure I could share a bathroom with loads of people!) but Warwick only allows you to have one en-suite choice on your application (the other two have to be shared bathrooms). At the moment I'm trying to decide between Heronbank and Jack Martin as my first choice with Claycroft as my second choice (not sure about the third yet).

I'm so glad that I've found somebody else who has chosen Warwick as their firm choice! I was beginning to think that there was nobody else.........

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to drive?
    did you get to go inside the gym?

ReputationRep:
    They also seemed to be the only university to make you pay for parking
    I can see why they don't show you round accomodation, but how come others manage but they don't?
    Yeah UEA and Queen Mary showed me round theirs, and when I applied last year I looked round accom at all those unis, too. Oh well - I mean there's always the website I guess. And I've stayed over with my friend who lives in New Rootes so at least I've seen one of the places I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andcho)
    did you get to go inside the gym?
    Yeah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.