Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    Yup
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=265283654892&ref=t s#!/group.php?gid=174212860208&ref=t s
    Ah thankyou . What course have you got an offer for?

ReputationRep:
    I can now officially post here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livi_510)
    Ah thankyou . What course have you got an offer for?

Psychology!

I see you like languages hehe. I'm awful at them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katievalerie)
    Yeah I think it is, A*A*A*, I just want 3 As though! you?

Yeah I know it seems so far, but I love my school! i dont want to leave! But im so excited at the same time!
    I'm predicted A* A* A & A because I'm doing four at A2. Although I would be really happy with all A's so that I get in to Warwick!!

What's this facebook group that everyone is talking about??

ReputationRep:
    Aww gutted! But yes Im very excited to have a good look around!
    I might still have a wander round and look what Jack Martin looks like outside!

I heard that too! Sooo annoying! I liked Heronbank but Id like somewhere thats 30 weeks
    Yes I was thinking Claycroft or Rootes as my second and third but I'll be gutted if I dont get an en-suite!
    When can you start applying for accomadation?
    Haha me too!! I think its because not many have got law offers yet, and many that do are oxbridgers haha we're just lucky were there many on your tour?
    I'm wearing a pair of levi jeans.....but i think they'd be much better OFF than ON.... agree? why not help me out.....

ReputationRep:
    Haha, me too! I will join it when I log onto to UCAS in August and it says I'm in :P
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw92)
    I'm predicted A* A* A & A because I'm doing four at A2. Although I would be really happy with all A's so that I get in to Warwick!!

What's this facebook group that everyone is talking about??
    yeah I just want to get in!
    I think its for warwick freshers 2010, im too scared to join, are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyingtw93)
    I'm wearing a pair of levi jeans.....but i think they'd be much better OFF than ON.... agree? why not help me out.....
    pardon?

ReputationRep:
    I joined the facebook group! but I already have my results so it's different I guess, last year I was wayyyyy too scared to join any facebook groups before I got my results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdHock)
    I joined the facebook group! but I already have my results so it's different I guess, last year I was wayyyyy too scared to join any facebook groups before I got my results!
    dude wtf happended last year?

ReputationRep:
    yeah I just want to get in!
    I think its for warwick freshers 2010, im too scared to join, are you going to?
    Like you, I don't want to jinx myself and join the group before I find out my results. But I might just keep looking at it from time to time....to try and find some more people doing law with us.

But as I'm still in school at the moment and facebook is filtered I cant have a look anyway....and I'm dying to have a look!!

By the way, that was quite a random and strange comment someone left you earlier....bit weird if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw92)
    Like you, I don't want to jinx myself and join the group before I find out my results. But I might just keep looking at it from time to time....to try and find some more people doing law with us.

But as I'm still in school at the moment and facebook is filtered I cant have a look anyway....and I'm dying to have a look!!

By the way, that was quite a random and strange comment someone left you earlier....bit weird if you ask me.
    Haha let me know if you find any fellow Warwick Law applicants!

I know! Very odd? Why would you say that!

ReputationRep:
    Haha let me know if you find any fellow Warwick Law applicants!

I know! Very odd? Why would you say that!
    Say what??? That honestly wasn't me who wrote it even though the username is relatively similar. Sorry if you thought it was.....

ReputationRep:
    Psychology!

I see you like languages hehe. I'm awful at them
    I do quite like them :p:, but I will never miss doing Greek, it's insanely hard!

Ah wow, Psychology sounds so interesting, I'd never be able to do it though,
    is your Warwick your definite firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw92)
    Say what??? That honestly wasn't me who wrote it even though the username is relatively similar. Sorry if you thought it was.....
    Hahaaa noo I meant in general why would someone say that! I didnt think it was you ahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaaa noo I meant in general why would someone say that! I didnt think it was you ahaha!
    Oh right, my mistake. My apologies. Very strange thing to say.

Anyway, about to go home and have a look at this facebook group... Will speak to you later when i've found out more about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livi_510)
    I do quite like them :p:, but I will never miss doing Greek, it's insanely hard!

Ah wow, Psychology sounds so interesting, I'd never be able to do it though,
    is your Warwick your definite firm?

Haha I can imagine!
    How come you'd never be able to do it?
    Yep, I firmed it about 2 weeks ago :woo:
    is it yours?

ReputationRep:
    Haha I can imagine!
    How come you'd never be able to do it?
    Yep, I firmed it about 2 weeks ago :woo:
    is it yours?
    Oh, 'cos I guess it's quite sciencey(?) and I've never been good at them :p:.

Ah cool, it's not definitely by Firm but I'm pretty certain it will be, I've got an open day next week for it so I'll decide for definite after that .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    dude wtf happended last year?
    Lol, long story - I'll quote an explanation I wrote a while back in another thread:

(Original post by Me)
    Yeah, it was one of those situations where it genuinely wasn't my fault (I know people always say this but it really wasn't). My school had a terrible record at getting people A's in History - only one in the preceding five years before mine. I've never been good at exams (I mean I'm ok but not great) so I've always needed really good coursework to bump my grades up. Anyway, I was told my coursework was an A, only to discover on results day that it was a D. The same happened to just about everybody at my school, too it was a complete joke, I've since even met the guy I did my coursework on ffs, that's how passionate I was for the subject. Everyone in my class went ballistic but c'est la vie I suppose.

The other B was in English, missed an A by 0.5%. I'd put that down to just bad luck, except my teacher had refused to mark half the class' coursework properly (wouldn't give us written feedback) because we'd missed some internal deadline that she'd only communicated via our school email addresses (I mean, yeah, obviously I should have checked my school email, but we NEVER used them apart from that). I needed one more raw score mark to get an A. Seems kind of harsh punishment - miss an internal deadline, don't go to LSE!

So to summarise - epic coursework fail.
    But I am excited for the course at Warwick far more than I was excited for the course at Oxford/LSE. To be honest my only regret from the whole affair is that I didn't know about this course last year - that way it could have been my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    actually firmed ucas now... its official. pretty excited ha :P
    might join the fb group so i will deffo try to get in to avoid embarassment lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.