Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdHock)
    Lol, long story - I'll quote an explanation I wrote a while back in another thread:

But I am excited for the course at Warwick far more than I was excited for the course at Oxford/LSE. To be honest my only regret from the whole affair is that I didn't know about this course last year - that way it could have been my insurance.
    sick story man. what you been doing this gap year btw?

has anyone been around cov/leam. plz give me details on clubs shops etc lol i didnt have a chance to see :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)

has anyone been around cov/leam. plz give me details on clubs shops etc lol i didnt have a chance to see :o:
    I've been to Cov about 2/3 times a week for 3 years and I've gotta admit I've no idea about the shops...it's probably the same kinda thing as in an average city. Clubs, I think there's quite a few, but not been in them <- Hate not being 18 yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livi_510)
    Oh, 'cos I guess it's quite sciencey(?) and I've never been good at them :p:.

Ah cool, it's not definitely by Firm but I'm pretty certain it will be, I've got an open day next week for it so I'll decide for definite after that .
    Some sides of it are (the side I like most ) but others are not sciencey as such!
    What other universities are you considering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katievalerie)
    Hahaaa noo I meant in general why would someone say that! I didnt think it was you ahaha!
    Not many people on the facebook group (about 40) so I'm not bothering with it just yet, especially since there isn't anyone else on there who is doing law.

Anyway, started a new thread on here just for Warwick Law Firmers 2010; comment on it if you want.........(hopefully you can find it!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    I lived in Paris for 3 months doing a french course (it was v. fun but I'm still crap at french!) and on sunday I leave for India to do an internship on a newspaper, which I'm looking both forward to and nervous for in equal amounts. Should be awesome though! So yeah, I think I made the best of a bad situation!

are you on a gap year or still doing A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    Some sides of it are (the side I like most ) but others are not sciencey as such!
    What other universities are you considering?
    Ah wow, it sounds really interesting from (the nearly nonexistant :p:) amount i know about it!

Birmingham's the other one i'm considering...I decided Exeter was too far away and that I didn't really want to be in Nottingham (And I got rejected from that other place I applied..forgotten its name..Cam something :p: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcl)
    Firming Warwick for PPE

hey i kinda tsr stalked (i know, a bit cheeky =P ), and found that you like me have been rejected by durham and have an offer from warwick for PPE.

just thought i'd say hi hehe

ReputationRep:
    Going to firm my AABb Politics offer, so excited! I'm really looking forward to coming, grades permitting of course

Where is everybody from then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limon Fanta)
    Going to firm my AABb Politics offer, so excited! I'm really looking forward to coming, grades permitting of course

Where is everybody from then?
    Yay!

I'm from Hertfordshire
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy Jay)
    hey i kinda tsr stalked (i know, a bit cheeky =P ), and found that you like me have been rejected by durham and have an offer from warwick for PPE.

just thought i'd say hi hehe
    hehe same here! rejection from durham but i'm really happy and excited about warwick!
    will you go at the open day on 17 march?

mcl:when i replied on the durham thread i was somehow certain you would get an offer from warwick
    so i guess i'll meet you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcl)
    haha, hi
    are you firming Warwick then?
    see you there if so!

my decision is between Warwick and York (+ UEA lol)

so most likely warwick. did you get an offer from york? have you visited it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Velvet)
    hehe same here! rejection from durham but i'm really happy and excited about warwick!
    will you go at the open day on 17 march?

mcl:when i replied on the durham thread i was somehow certain you would get an offer from warwick
    so i guess i'll meet you

same . also the weather is much better in warwick than it is in durham =P (well that's how my mum helped me get over my rejection from durham haha)

yep . you coming over from greece then?

ReputationRep:
    Aw sucks not to have seen the accom, people who went on weds . I went on the 10th, and they showed us around Tocil and Rootes. Both were nice, though I prefer the idea of halls, as they're more social... I think :P Although that will be relative, lol.

95% sure I will be firming Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcl)
    noo, i got rejected from York but wasn't too bothered I wanted Warwick more and already have Manchester as insurance. I haven't visited York... just heard how good it is, i'd go for Warwick if i was you haha :P although york's course is supposed to be really good tooo

i really should visit york just to make sure i make the right decision, but i think i've lost my offer and open day letters from york lol. i was expecting the choice to be between durham and warwick, not to be =[.

the only thing which worries me about warwick is this idea its supposed to be like living in a bubble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamn)
    Aw sucks not to have seen the accom, people who went on weds . I went on the 10th, and they showed us around Tocil and Rootes. Both were nice, though I prefer the idea of halls, as they're more social... I think :P Although that will be relative, lol.

95% sure I will be firming Warwick
    Someone (half) on the same course! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcl)
    yeahh it's probably best you visit! haha umm you might need that lol. ahh don't worry about Durham I'd say York and Warwick were just as good... if not better :P
    yeah i know what you mean, it seems quite secluded and in it's own little world. It's not too far from where I'm from so I'd rather have stayed closer, but yeah I really want to go up and see what it's like again and to see Coventry just so i can ensure I'm making the right decision The course looks great though, especially the possible year abroad!!

uni rankings in like times shows warwick to be above durham so =D. still i would have loved to live in a castle =[.

apparently a lot of students take a train ride up to birmingham for like night life and stuff, and go into lemmington spa and obv coventry for cafes n shops. there's a year abroad??? =O. tell me more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy Jay)
    same . also the weather is much better in warwick than it is in durham =P (well that's how my mum helped me get over my rejection from durham haha)

yep . you coming over from greece then?
    haha it's true though, the weather is so much better=P i loved the idea of living in a castle but apart from that i think warwick and york offer a far better course=) i'm also between these 2 unis but i'm 99% sure I'm going to firm warwick..i'll go at the open day just for that 1% so yep, coming over from greece=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcl)
    haha how did you know :P ahhhh i am sooo excited about warwick! i wanted to go there more than durham so was reallly pleased
    i'm going to that open day, so i guess i'll see you there
    i just had this feeling i couldn't decide between warwick and durham so i hoped for a sign from the beginning! my sign is quite obvious i think:P

(Original post by Livi_510)
    Someone (half) on the same course! :p:
    That makes three of us

ReputationRep:
    I finally (after about 3 weeks!) got an acknowlegement from Warwick that I had firmed it, hahaha.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.