Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    I went to see Warwick again today and I just didn't feel at home. I can see why it's such a popular and good university, but it's not for me. I've always been in love with RHUL but was worried about 'prestige'. I now realise that it really doesn't matter, plus the degree at RHUL is more suited to my tastes I think. The campus at RHUL is really more my style and it's somewhere I really want to live.

I'm sure you'll have a great time at Warwick though, it is an amazing university and you'll have a brilliant three years there.

So pleased I've finally made a decision!

That's fair enough though, it's all about where you feel most comfortable. I'm glad you're happy and you've made a decision.
    RHUL was going to be a choice of mine, but I can be shy sometimes and thought RHUL wouldn't "bring me out my shell" as my mum says. But like you said, it's a lovely place
    No more worrying about exams, cause it's uncondtional!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andcho)
    Yeah me too, but I'd rather end up at a place with too many outgoing people than a place with too many quiet people

Wow, that's a really competitive subject. Nice work getting an offer!
    Yeah its allll about the people your with but im sure that because everywhere is walkable we'll have friends in a few different places of accomadation anyway

Thanks! I was thrilled when I got my offer it was my first choice Im a very lucky girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katievalerie)
    Yeah I know what you mean, but i really want an en suite I wish you could have more that one en suite option, whatre you going to study?
    What do you prefer about Jack Martin to Arthur Vick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    That's fair enough though, it's all about where you feel most comfortable. I'm glad you're happy and you've made a decision.
    RHUL was going to be a choice of mine, but I can be shy sometimes and thought RHUL wouldn't "bring me out my shell" as my mum says. But like you said, it's a lovely place
    No more worrying about exams, cause it's uncondtional!
    Haha, I'm the opposite, probably way too loud so somewhere quieter like RHUL is probably a good idea for me!

And yes, the fact that it's unconditional definitely appealed.

Well, all I can say now is good luck for the future, it's been great talking to you about psychology and universities and I genuinely wish you the best! Keep in touch as well, I'd love to know how it all goes. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its allll about the people your with but im sure that because everywhere is walkable we'll have friends in a few different places of accomadation anyway

Thanks! I was thrilled when I got my offer it was my first choice Im a very lucky girl
    You have a good point there. There's always going to be a few quiet people and a few outgoing people. We shouldn't worry too much about it

Haha, yeah you are Good luck with getting the grades, it would be nice to see you in october

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    Haha, I'm the opposite, probably way too loud so somewhere quieter like RHUL is probably a good idea for me!

And yes, the fact that it's unconditional definitely appealed.

Well, all I can say now is good luck for the future, it's been great talking to you about psychology and universities and I genuinely wish you the best! Keep in touch as well, I'd love to know how it all goes. :woo:
    It has been nice
    Yeah, definately keep in touch. It'll be nice to compare courses and stuff!
    All the best as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_1892)
    That makes three of us
    Yay . German and/or what?

ReputationRep:
    St Albans
    Where do you go to schools?
    My offer is ABBb or ABBC, but I already have the A so BBb or BBC!
    What's yours?
    Oh cool are you at Loreto by any chance? And I go in Bushey

I have AABb to study Politics although I'm adoing 4 A-Levels and got AABB last year so do I already have the b :confused:

lol what course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andcho)
    You have a good point there. There's always going to be a few quiet people and a few outgoing people. We shouldn't worry too much about it

Haha, yeah you are Good luck with getting the grades, it would be nice to see you in october
    Good Luck to you too!!

ReputationRep:
    What do you prefer about Jack Martin to Arthur Vick?
    either JM or AV where going to be my first option, and I couldnt decide
    Well I looked on here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Warwick_University

They have some pictures and the rooms look nice,
    also I think it is slightly less competitive than Arthur Vick
    Thats it really, also I think it might be slightly closer to the Law Dept. (I mean like a 2 mins difference haha) Have you decided yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limon Fanta)
    Oh cool are you at Loreto by any chance? And I go in Bushey

I have AABb to study Politics although I'm adoing 4 A-Levels and got AABB last year so do I already have the b :confused:

lol what course are you applying for?
    No, not loreto but it's very close! It's a catholic girl's school and I'm not catholic

I am doing 4 as well, although I already have 1 so am technically only doing 3 at the moment! I was going to drop english lit after AS, but then they gave me the offer BBb OR BBC with one B in biology, and my insurance is BB so if I didn't get the B in biology it's gotta come from elsewhere if I want my insurance

I'm applying for Psychology what about you?

ReputationRep:

Thats it really, also I think it might be slightly closer to the Law Dept. (I mean like a 2 mins difference haha) Have you decided yet?
    I like AV because it has at the common room off the kitchen which I thought would be really sociable and "pre drinks" and stuff, or if you just wanted a night in with the block! I think I will go for Rootes as my second choice, if we can only choose 1 en suite, but if not AV, JM, R. I have no idea on a third if we can't choose more than one..

ReputationRep:

Ooh..thankyou for that link!

ReputationRep:
    I like AV because it has at the common room off the kitchen which I thought would be really sociable and "pre drinks" and stuff, or if you just wanted a night in with the block! I think I will go for Rootes as my second choice, if we can only choose 1 en suite, but if not AV, JM, R. I have no idea on a third if we can't choose more than one..
    yeah true... it would be good to have a common room!... uch the whole 1 en suite thing makes it much harder! Is it 100% that it will be the same this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livi_510)
    Ooh..thankyou for that link!
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably going to be firming Warwick for Maths 2010
    Tough offer, tough offer
    Should be awesome. How many of you have visited Warwick? I visited on one of their campus tours and the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant for me.

Now for Student finance and Accommodation applications . I hate paperwork...

ReputationRep:
    yeah true... it would be good to have a common room!... uch the whole 1 en suite thing makes it much harder! Is it 100% that it will be the same this year?
    I'm not sure really! Have you applied for finance yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure really! Have you applied for finance yet?
    Not yet but Ive set it all up on the finance calculator, have you?

(Original post by Livi_510)
    Yay . German and/or what?
    German and beginner's Spanish....I don't speak a single word - can't wait :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_1892)
    German and beginner's Spanish....I don't speak a single word - can't wait :p:
    Ah cool, i still haven't actually seen anyone going to Warwick for French and German...lucky me :p: .

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.