The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick firmers 2010 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
placenta medicae talpae
Hey, I completely agree with nearly all of what you said!
Having close friends is way better than trashing your body for fun ^^
I guess that if you go to Heronbank, there's a fair chance that the others there will think similarly too.

Thinking that Heronbank was more expensive than AV, I was just going off to find evidence ...
When I saw that you're right - I honestly hadn't noticed that!
The thing is that I'll probably be there only for those 30 weeks anyway, so in my situation AV would be cheaper in effect.
So will you be staying there for the full 39 weeks? :cool:

Those are pretty much the lines along which I am thinking. I guess similarly minded people will end up in similar places, because of reasons such as these. Besides, being in one hall doesn't mean you can't meet anyone from any other halls (lectures/seminars/library are all still accessible, not to mention the SU), but being a bit more laid back, I like to have a place where to I can "escape". And though I'm not a drinker, I don't mind the odd drink or two :p: but I'm sure that can be dealt with the 3 times a term that it happens haha.

Yep, I'd be going for the full 39 weeks, because I don't actually live in the UK (will be coming over there from China! Am Austrian though, so EU fees for me :biggrin:) and therefore would like to leave stuff like clothes or books in my room over the holidays, and probably stay for 2-3ish weeks per holiday as well.

Sliced Bread
:yes:
the bike is a good idea, I may steal it. (The idea, not the bike :lolwut: )
Quick, delete your posts before everyone swoops in and makes HB the most competitive hall !
:five:
Edit : Just checked the rent on AV/HB, crazy, crazy rents.

Well HB is one of the biggest halls (if not the biggest) and while not crazy expensive, it's not exactly cheap either, so I think people who want a HB room will get a HB room. Also many will be scared of being left out of the "social hub" rootes, which imo is the one that's going to be oversubscribed, with many coming to HB as second and third choices.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Sliced Bread
:yes:
the bike is a good idea, I may steal it. (The idea, not the bike :lolwut: )
Quick, delete your posts before everyone swoops in and makes HB the most competitive hall !
:five:
Edit : Just checked the rent on AV/HB, crazy, crazy rents.

Haha, that would be funny ...
What a good idea, getting a bike (so Sliced Bread can steal it - mwuahahaha!)

I guess it's still nowhere near as crazy as rent for London unis though.
And it doesn't seem to dissuade people from wanting to apply for AV! :nah:
Welix

Well HB is one of the biggest halls (if not the biggest) and while not crazy expensive, it's not exactly cheap either, so I think people who want a HB room will get a HB room. Also many will be scared of being left out of the "social hub" rootes, which imo is the one that's going to be oversubscribed, with many coming to HB as second and third choices.

Rootes looks like a prison from the outside though :frown: :rolleyes:

placenta medicae talpae
Haha, that would be funny ...
What a good idea, getting a bike (so Sliced Bread can steal it - mwuahahaha!)

I guess it's still nowhere near as crazy as rent for London unis though.
And it doesn't seem to dissuade people from wanting to apply for AV! :nah:

Yeah, I suppose it'll be manageable, esp since apparently there's lots of jobs to be had on and around the campus according to the tour guides I had.
Welix
Those are pretty much the lines along which I am thinking. I guess similarly minded people will end up in similar places, because of reasons such as these. Besides, being in one hall doesn't mean you can't meet anyone from any other halls (lectures/seminars/library are all still accessible, not to mention the SU), but being a bit more laid back, I like to have a place where to I can "escape". And though I'm not a drinker, I don't mind the odd drink or two :p: but I'm sure that can be dealt with the 3 times a term that it happens haha.

Yep, I'd be going for the full 39 weeks, because I don't actually live in the UK (will be coming over there from China! Am Austrian though, so EU fees for me :biggrin:) and therefore would like to leave stuff like clothes or books in my room over the holidays, and probably stay for 2-3ish weeks per holiday as well.

That's true.
Just going from maths to Heronbank, you'd meet about 3000 people on the way in any case!
I'm thinking about going to the SU and the Arts Centre loads, so yeah, it's not like we have to cut ourselves off from society or anything! :biggrin:
Definitely agree on the idea of "escaping". That's why I either wanted to be at Heronbank, or somewhere ridiculously close to a bus stop, in the hope that I can find somewhere peaceful around Kenilworth or something (I'm thinking of getting a yearly bus pass by the way).
Yep, I'm for the odd drink too, but rather whiskey or port than cider! - hah, I'm an old granddad. :cool:

Ar brilliant, so the 39-week let fits perfectly with you.
Is paying EU fees a good thing? ^^
Livi_510
Oo yay :p: , that's scary, we'll actually be in the same lectures haha. How come you didn't want to keep going with German? :smile:

I can not stand it anymore, it's so difficult and I don't understand it. All the cases and tenses and the verb 'werden'. Just can't abide it. But how exciting! Were you at the open day on the 29th January?
Misteryom
I can not stand it anymore, it's so difficult and I don't understand it. All the cases and tenses and the verb 'werden'. Just can't abide it. But how exciting! Were you at the open day on the 29th January?

Werden does make me think '':hmmm: '' quite a lot of the time haha. I think I tried to use it last year in my oral and ended up saying the queen will be beheaded...oops...

Nope, I'm going on the 3rd :smile: . I actually think at the min that I will be on this open day by myself lol, not seen anyone going this week. Was it a good day?
Reply 327
Livi_510
Werden does make me think '':hmmm: '' quite a lot of the time haha. I think I tried to use it last year in my oral and ended up saying the queen will be beheaded...oops...

Nope, I'm going on the 3rd :smile: . I actually think at the min that I will be on this open day by myself lol, not seen anyone going this week. Was it a good day?

And I'm going on the 10th!

So many language open days that I wouldn't be surprised if I was sat there on my own :o:

And I just can't get enough of werden :p:
Matt_1892
And I'm going on the 10th!

So many language open days that I wouldn't be surprised if I was sat there on my own :o:

And I just can't get enough of werden :p:

Ah mann, I'm literally going to be there on my own aren't I. Yeah I was surprised there were so many dates to pick from, langs aren't that popular :s-smilie: .
Check my signature! :biggrin:

I also got into UEA, Sussex and Leicester :yep: (This makes me feel clever, please don't belittle me, now :love:)
Reply 330
LukeeGRANT
Check my signature! :biggrin:

I also got into UEA, Sussex and Leicester :yep: (This makes me feel clever, please don't belittle me, now :love:)

Woop! Well done :biggrin:

What are your accomodation choices?
nbailey8
Woop! Well done :biggrin:

What are your accomodation choices?

Thank you! :biggrin:

Urm, I quite like Benefactors or Heronbank... Arthur Vick looks nice, too!

How about you? & what course are you doing?

Lukee :smile:
Reply 332
LukeeGRANT
Thank you! :biggrin:

Urm, I quite like Benefactors or Heronbank... Arthur Vick looks nice, too!

How about you? & what course are you doing?

Lukee :smile:

Arther Vick/Jack Martin/Rootes I think :biggrin:

Psychology, hehe. Can't wait!
Reply 333
Livi_510
Ah mann, I'm literally going to be there on my own aren't I. Yeah I was surprised there were so many dates to pick from, langs aren't that popular :s-smilie: .

Haha I know! Think there were about 6, seems a bit extreme. Ah well, guess it might have its benefits :smile:
Reply 334
Oooo...London's only an hour away from Coventry by train :biggrin:

That just made my night...
nbailey8
Arther Vick/Jack Martin/Rootes I think :biggrin:

Psychology, hehe. Can't wait!

Ooh: Rootes looked good! :L Is it en suite? I have a phobia of sharing bathrooms :biggrin: &, I suppose, being a psychology student, you would analyse that as me being psychotic? haha

Warwick- here we come! :yep:
Reply 336
LukeeGRANT
Ooh: Rootes looked good! :L Is it en suite? I have a phobia of sharing bathrooms :biggrin: &, I suppose, being a psychology student, you would analyse that as me being psychotic? haha

Nah no ensuite for Rootes! Think you can only apply for one ensuite halls actually :frown:

But Rootes is the party hall (I've heard) so that makes up for it :biggrin:
Matt_1892
Nah no ensuite for Rootes! Think you can only apply for one ensuite halls actually :frown:

But Rootes is the party hall (I've heard) so that makes up for it :biggrin:

Aaah; then, Benefactors or Heronbank OR Whitefields for me! :biggrin:

The party? That's gonna be wherever I'm at, mate :cool: haha
Reply 338
LukeeGRANT

Urrrrhm, just because I do Psychology doesn't mean I psychoanalyse everyone :s-smilie:

Rootes isn't en suite, it's the most 'social' one though.
Livi_510

I think that it was a very good day tbh, all the staff from the department seem very enthousiastic, and they have some great looking facilities! Really nice campus too.

Quick Reply

Latest