Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolver123)
    Well I haven't done modern jive before but I'm gonna, I wasn't making fun of it either! It's my objective to try new things at uni
    Good good .

ReputationRep:
    anyone firming accounting and finance here? =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    Arthur Vick or Rootes?! DECISIONS.
    Rootes Rootes Rootes!
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you're all saying Rootes! I loved the idea of it being the most social hall, but I hate how loooong the corridors are!
    Claycroft looks really good. I love Arthur Vick though.. Ooooooooh. I guess I'll just have to pick out a hat!

I'm so bored of college now!

ReputationRep:
    Arthur Vick or Rootes?! DECISIONS.
    All the cool kids go to Arthur Vicks

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Is there anyone else on here who's firmed Comparative American Studies? I firmed it a while ago and went to the open day the other week, and now I'm stupidly excited about Warwick I have a feeling that American Studies students are generally quite a rare breed haha, so it would be good to find someone else on here.... this is also my first ever post, so you may have to bear with me as I work out what I'm doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdHock)
    So what societies are people thinking they'll join? I was looking on the student union website and there are a few I'll definitely join (my academic society, Labour, Amnesty) but there are so many others that look awesome, I don't know how I could possibly fit them all in!
    Yes, yes, yes!
    So glad that someone raised this.
    Been meaning to myself - but kept forgetting when online!

Anyway, as a member of the Labour Party and of Amnesty, I am hoping to join their Warwick groups too.
    (Are you already a member of both?)
    I'll hopefully be doing something musical, religious and a group that does things like assault courses (if there is one - not looked yet).

ReputationRep:
    How many people have actually joined the facebook group? It's slooooowly growing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sliced Bread)
    :hifro: Cool, another Mathmo :five:

How are you finding STEP/AEA so far?
    AEA so much easier than step and kinda good i think well so far anyway we've only done one paper because we was doing step for a while u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeeGRANT)
    1) Congrats on your offer: it's brilliant! :yep:

2) Yep, it should be March 21st, apparently
    Thanks i'm going to be on that website first thing on march 21st then lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livi_510)
    I'm gonna join the irish dancing society , 'cos I'm that cool haha.
    Woo, that sounds brilliant!
    I've never done it, but I sure would like to learn some form of proper dancing.
    The closest I've got is our school céilidh group, which consists of five members, and way more violin-playing than dancing

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed Warwick now - has anyone else applied for chemical biology or just chemistry here?

For accommodation.. I think maybe Whitefields, but I'm not sure yet. Have to wait until they put up the forms online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    Woo, that sounds brilliant!
    I've never done it, but I sure would like to learn some form of proper dancing.
    The closest I've got is our school céilidh group, which consists of five members, and way more violin-playing than dancing
    Ah that sounds cool..we've nothing like that at my school.

But yeah, that'll be like the first Society i join

ReputationRep:
    How many people have actually joined the facebook group? It's slooooowly growing!
    Can I have a link to the group please? Too lazy at the mo to go search for it :o:

(Original post by viki_91)
    AEA so much easier than step and kinda good i think well so far anyway we've only done one paper because we was doing step for a while u?
    Yeah :/ AEA is going OK here as well, STEP not TOO bad either. Still a lot of work to do in the next 3 months. I need good marks in FP2 as well which is close to STEP! So I'm also very scared about that. Only done one and a bit of a complete AEA paper.

I find AEA easier, but there's no choice so if I get unlucky with the questions it won't be too good for me. I'm preferring just working really hard on STEP at the moment, cause then I can just pick the easy few questions to do when it comes to the exam.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sliced Bread]Can I have a link to the group please? Too lazy at the mo to go search for it :o:

Haha, sure!
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=265283654892&ref=t s#!/group.php?gid=174212860208&ref=t s

I haven't joined it yet, I would have if I was on track with my results last week, but I got a bad mark in Biology so need to retake it to be on track! But the others I'm on track with

Edit: The quote didn't work! :O

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised that I've neglected this thread for a week or so... I got ABD in my january modules (d woops) but I will be resitting the D in june so no biggy.
    I now know what exams I will be taking in may/june. Forked out £75 for retakes!
    German As (resit) Oral and Written paper (hoping to get it from a B to a high A)
    German A2 Oral and Written paper
    French A2 Oral and Written paper
    Maths:
    C1 (hoping to go from A(80%) to A(100%))
    C2(hoping to go from an A(84%) to an A(100%))
    C3(hoping to improve a D)
    C4

Woah that sounds like fun... 3 orals in 3 days, how lucky! 14 hours and 6 minutes of exams...... WOO!

ReputationRep:
    urgh, everything was fine, straight As last year, given a conditional for warwick then i get a D in my supposed lesser subject, fml. only need a B in it and because i got 100% in one of the modules last year only two marks off a B anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    Yes, yes, yes!
    So glad that someone raised this.
    Been meaning to myself - but kept forgetting when online!

Anyway, as a member of the Labour Party and of Amnesty, I am hoping to join their Warwick groups too.
    (Are you already a member of both?)
    I'll hopefully be doing something musical, religious and a group that does things like assault courses (if there is one - not looked yet).
    Haha, immediately after posting I was like 'oh crap, now I'm gonna be flamed into oblivion for being an evil lefty Guardianista'... am glad that the response was positive!

Yeah, I'm a member of both... Amnesty membership was actually my 16th birthday present. Yeah, I'm a freak like that! I hear the Labour society on campus is pretty good - my local CLP is atrocious (I'm from rural Oxfordshire, so the heart of the Daily Mail belt - one time my dad went to a Labour meeting and was the sole attendee) so it'll be good to be in a Labour group that's actually vibrant and interesting. Argh, I just want to go to Warwick now!

There are so many societies it's ridiculous - I'm sure you'll be able to find just about anything you want!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachykeenjellybean)
    Hey,

Is there anyone else on here who's firmed Comparative American Studies? I firmed it a while ago and went to the open day the other week, and now I'm stupidly excited about Warwick I have a feeling that American Studies students are generally quite a rare breed haha, so it would be good to find someone else on here.... this is also my first ever post, so you may have to bear with me as I work out what I'm doing
    I'm doing CAS! Am superexcited, the course looks so epic, and having visited a couple of times (once on the 24th of Feb open day, and once to see a friend of mine who's studying there) I've got to say, the general vibe of the place feels great. Like, really intellectual and interesting without being boring or stuffy! And the other CAS applicants I met were really nice too.

You're right, though, there's not many of us American Studies students here, we're kind of a niche subject. But that can have its upsides I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdHock)
    Haha, immediately after posting I was like 'oh crap, now I'm gonna be flamed into oblivion for being an evil lefty Guardianista'... am glad that the response was positive!

Yeah, I'm a member of both... Amnesty membership was actually my 16th birthday present. Yeah, I'm a freak like that! I hear the Labour society on campus is pretty good - my local CLP is atrocious (I'm from rural Oxfordshire, so the heart of the Daily Mail belt - one time my dad went to a Labour meeting and was the sole attendee) so it'll be good to be in a Labour group that's actually vibrant and interesting. Argh, I just want to go to Warwick now!

There are so many societies it's ridiculous - I'm sure you'll be able to find just about anything you want!
    Lol, I'm constantly amazed by how many people there are (of our age) who are in at least passive support of Labour.
    I'm from a place called Warrington South, near Liverpool, where our MP is standing down at the next election; the seat has been marginal for ages.

It's brilliant that there are so many societies, but:
    Where's the Gilbert and Sullivan Society! :ahee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.