Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachykeenjellybean)
    Hey,

Is there anyone else on here who's firmed Comparative American Studies? I have a feeling that American Studies students are generally quite a rare breed
    Hey I'm doing it, too! Yeah, they do seem a 'rare breed' :rolleyes:
    I've only found about four or five so far, including @AdHock :yep:

How many people are on our course exactly? About 20, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    Can I have a link to the group please? Too lazy at the mo to go search for it :o:

Haha, sure!
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=265283654892&ref=t s#!/group.php?gid=174212860208&ref=t s

I haven't joined it yet, I would have if I was on track with my results last week, but I got a bad mark in Biology so need to retake it to be on track! But the others I'm on track with

Edit: The quote didn't work! :O
    Lucky I scrolled up
    Thanks very much!
    It's just one resit, don't worry too much about it

ReputationRep:
    I joined the Warwick facebook group in the hope of finding others doing straight History, no luck as of yet. So, anyone on TSR firming for History?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    Lol, I'm constantly amazed by how many people there are (of our age) who are in at least passive support of Labour.
    I'm from a place called Warrington South, near Liverpool, where our MP is standing down at the next election; the seat has been marginal for ages.

It's brilliant that there are so many societies, but:
    Where's the Gilbert and Sullivan Society! :ahee:
    Yeah, it surprises me too! Then again, finding anybody that's not a committed Tory is a surprise where I live.

The closest marginal where I live is Oxford East, which is a Lib-Lab supermarginal (Oxford, contrary to public perception, is actually a very lefty place!). I'm a bit worried about it to be honest, Mandelson's crazy uni cuts will probably doom the Labour incumbent, who's a great guy and a really able MP.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen anyone else on here doing my course, at all! Lol. There were 6 people there for German and Business specifically, on the open day. :P
    But the German section of my course will just be combined with all the advanced German learners I think, so I'll be in classes with a good variety of people .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdHock)
    Yeah, it surprises me too! Then again, finding anybody that's not a committed Tory is a surprise where I live.

The closest marginal where I live is Oxford East, which is a Lib-Lab supermarginal (Oxford, contrary to public perception, is actually a very lefty place!). I'm a bit worried about it to be honest, Mandelson's crazy uni cuts will probably doom the Labour incumbent, who's a great guy and a really able MP.
    Lol, I agree - Mandelson really is quite the thing.
    He gets blamed for everything; in his previous job, I felt so sorry for him when the French government felt like pouring scorn all over him for something he was only casually connected with (can't remember what that was).
    It's funny about Oxford being a lefty place! :p:

I guess that times are hard and we're all going to have to feel the squeeze.
    And, as uni students, we should be willing to take on our fair share of it

ReputationRep:
    I finally plucked up the guts to join the facebook group! It better not jynx me!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Warwick firmer :ahee: :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Warwick for PPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yemisdate)
    Just firmed Warwick for PPE
    :woo:

Join the fb group if you have fb It's slowly growing now hehe.

Decided on accomodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed for German!

As for accomodation, I'm thinking Westwood or Rootes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    :woo:

Join the fb group if you have fb It's slowly growing now hehe.

Decided on accomodation yet?
    I have already XD

I haven't yet... maybe Cryfield or Jack Martin. I totally have to think it through though.

ReputationRep:
    Just a question;

Anyone got any thoughts on types of people they don't want to see there?
    Such as personality wise, et cetera.

Mine would be:
    -People unconcerned with their appearance, narrow-minded people, pretentious know-it-all's, anti-social and quiet people :rolleyes:

I also realise the irony of my being shallow here :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Finally got onto track and firmed Warwick.
    Damn, I hope I don't miss STEP , the amount of pressure is rather scary :o:

ReputationRep:
    How do you apply for accompdation? On the website it says details shouldve been on early 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Warwick for Ancient History and Classical Archaeology and I think the accommodation forms come out later this month, but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    Isnt it supposed 2 b 2moro? accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    hey..i met a lady from the Warwick international office yesterday...i asked when we should be hearing from the accounting and finance dept..and she said that they have seen a considerable increase in the no. of applications this yr..and they r struggling to cut down..she said we should be hearing by next if not may...
    is anyone else waiting for warwick accounting and finance, who hasn't got their actual results yet? cuz my friends who r in dif school, got their actual a level results last month and they got offers already..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megaduck)
    What an immature and narrow-minded person you sound. You are lucky to have a place at an excellent university but it sounds like it will be wasted on you.
    Well, you do seem like a barrel of laughs. I'll most certainly look forward to seeing you next year! :yep: And, by the way, dear, I am aware of how lucky I am, so let's not be pretentious and assume that I don't know. I've also stated how shalow I am in the aforementioned comment, whereas, you fail to notice how immature you're being by 'negging' someone who's a lot younger than you :rolleyes:

Anyway, can't wait to get to know you!

ReputationRep:
    managed to narrow down accomodation to like 5 choices XD but i still dont know which one to piickk....
    all i know about the atmosphere in them is that rootes is the most sociable, anyone know much about any of the others??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.