Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShabzM)
    What course did you apply for?
    Awesomeness & Finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleyc8)
    Firmed Warwick today for Biological Sciences yay!!!! Anyone else?
    BOOM, hopefully see you there providing on my grades

ReputationRep:
    Officialy firmed for L200 today WEEEEEEEEEE

ReputationRep:
    Firmed my place for English Literature last night! Wayhey, roll on October!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for economics & industrial organisation ,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucylocket220291)
    Firmed my place for English Literature last night! Wayhey, roll on October!
    Yay Lucy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megaduck)
    Yay Lucy!
    Yay indeed! Thanks for all your advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucylocket220291)
    Yay indeed! Thanks for all your advice!
    No problem! You won't regret it :yep: In the first year The Epic Tradition module in particular is immense.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait! Looking forward to getting my reading list so I can go out and buy all the books I'm going to need!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeeGRANT)
    Hey I'm doing it, too! Yeah, they do seem a 'rare breed' :rolleyes:
    I've only found about four or five so far, including @AdHock :yep:

How many people are on our course exactly? About 20, no?
    ooh yay! it's nice to find other people. Yeah I think it's usually about 20, nice and select haha! what's your offer? and where else did you apply?

also, off topic: I actually love your sig!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdHock)
    I'm doing CAS! Am superexcited, the course looks so epic, and having visited a couple of times (once on the 24th of Feb open day, and once to see a friend of mine who's studying there) I've got to say, the general vibe of the place feels great. Like, really intellectual and interesting without being boring or stuffy! And the other CAS applicants I met were really nice too.

You're right, though, there's not many of us American Studies students here, we're kind of a niche subject. But that can have its upsides I guess!
    Ahh so am I! The closer it gets the more excited/terrified I'm getting. I was up for an open day in March and I think that made me like it even more. Staying with someone there must be good though, I don't think you can ever really get a proper feel for it on open days. 'Intellectual and interesting' is definitely it, I'm quite a Warwick fangirl, definitely not cool

Yeah I think socially and academically small groups can be better where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Should probably check in here - firmed Computer Science a while back. Looking forward to October!

ReputationRep:
    Maths firmer here.
    What are the most social halls on campus to apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arctic Puppet)
    Maths firmer here.
    What are the most social halls on campus to apply to?
    rootes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachykeenjellybean)
    Ahh so am I! The closer it gets the more excited/terrified I'm getting. I was up for an open day in March and I think that made me like it even more. Staying with someone there must be good though, I don't think you can ever really get a proper feel for it on open days. 'Intellectual and interesting' is definitely it, I'm quite a Warwick fangirl, definitely not cool

Yeah I think socially and academically small groups can be better where else did you apply?
    I applied to UEA, Sussex and Birmingham for American Studies, and also to Queen Mary UoL for History (in case I decided to do that instead). You?

Was really worried I wouldn't get into Warwick, I'm applying post A-level and have ABB but I thought maybe if lots of people applied with AAA/AAB predictions I'd be instantly rejected! But luckily that didn't happen haha.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so, so excited to go to Warwick and do French Studies in October! Roll on results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyful)
    I'm so, so excited to go to Warwick and do French Studies in October! Roll on results day
    I know right :woo: Well I do different course but still...
    This excitement is definitely not good for my study though. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmak919)
    I know right :woo: Well I do different course but still...
    This excitement is definitely not good for my study though. lol
    Definitely Yeah, let's not talk about revision...

Which halls are you thinking of applying for? I'm torn between Arthur Vick and Lakeside!

ReputationRep:

Which halls are you thinking of applying for? I'm torn between Arthur Vick and Lakeside!
    Well I was thinking of applying for Arthur Vick or Jack Martin at first (because I thought I wouldn't be able to survive if I didn't have a bathroom for myself lol), but I've changed my mind so now I'm hoping to stay at Whitefields, Rootes or Tocil.

ReputationRep:

I'm pretty sure that Lakeside is only for postgrads! I'm sad too; it looked lovely.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.