Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm getting pretty tempted to put Cryfield down as my first choice because it's so cheap, but I've heard it's a bit of a dump

But I'd have £190 a week left over from all the grants and loans if I got it....money or comfort? That is the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_1892)
    I'm getting pretty tempted to put Cryfield down as my first choice because it's so cheap, but I've heard it's a bit of a dump

But I'd have £190 a week left over from all the grants and loans if I got it....money or comfort? That is the question.
    Are you indoorsy? If yes then don't put Cryfield down. If no then put Cryfield down and use the extra money to get pissed every time you go back to your room so you never remember how crappy it is failproof plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamn)
    Nahh Hanley Castle You?
    Someone from my old school and coming to Warwick, hello x

(Original post by olive*)
    Are you indoorsy? If yes then don't put Cryfield down. If no then put Cryfield down and use the extra money to get pissed every time you go back to your room so you never remember how crappy it is failproof plan.
    I'd be an alcoholic in no time

ReputationRep:
    Firmed MMath

As for accomodation, not sure.. on the visit day I saw one that was suuuper close to the maths building, so that looks like a winner in terms of getting lots of sleep, plus the grassy area right outside for playing football all day I just hope the rooms are fairly nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziedj)
    Firmed MMath

As for accomodation, not sure.. on the visit day I saw one that was suuuper close to the maths building, so that looks like a winner in terms of getting lots of sleep, plus the grassy area right outside for playing football all day I just hope the rooms are fairly nice!
    Yeah, Im thinking of putting down the one closest to the maths block as my second choice. What was it called.
    What are your other choices of accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    you know what's so unfair? we only get one en-suite choice. wth. grr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx-becky1992-xx)
    Yeah, Im thinking of putting down the one closest to the maths block as my second choice. What was it called.
    Sounds like Claycroft to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gee_shakedown)
    Someone from my old school and coming to Warwick, hello x
    Hey How has your first year been at Warwick so far? Any negatives? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx-becky1992-xx)
    Claycroft I believe. And I'm not sure what else to put down.. I had a look at the campus map on the warwick website and looked and the 4 or 5 closest to the maths building, and there are a few nice ones.. but then again, nice => oversubscribed, so I probably shouldn't get my hopes up for a roomy ensuite

ReputationRep:
    Closeness to the buildings is over-rated imho... Most of the accommodation is roughly the same distance from the academic spaces anyway, and where there are exceptions that can be nice. I used to have the walk from main campus to gibbet hill every morning, but it was a cracking way to make sure I'd woken up properly by the time the lecture had started!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    Have any of you joined that facebook freshers group for 2010? Way to scared, think I might jinx it

I joined!! Not as many people on it as i thought there would be but I did see one of my old friends from primary school on there which I loled at. =D

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Warwick for International Management.
    Is there anyone else doing this course?

ReputationRep:
    I firmed! For Maths lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziedj)
    Claycroft I believe. And I'm not sure what else to put down.. I had a look at the campus map on the warwick website and looked and the 4 or 5 closest to the maths building, and there are a few nice ones.. but then again, nice => oversubscribed, so I probably shouldn't get my hopes up for a roomy ensuite
    Claycroft is pretty decent, you only share a loo with one other person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziedj)
    If you don't put an ensuite choice down, you definitely won't get it. If you're stuck for ideas for accommodation, check out the accommodation thread at the top of the Warwick forums (or in the link in my signature below).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    If you don't put an ensuite choice down, you definitely won't get it.

Sorry

If you're stuck for ideas for accommodation, check out the accommodation thread at the top of the Warwick forums (or in the link in my signature below).
    Thanks

EDIT: wow that guide is extremely detailed.. I feel bad for o-rly-owl-ing you now

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for History. :3 Have Exeter Cornwall campus as my insurance (oh lord, it was so hard to turn down the beach and that seaside town...), but they both have the same grade boundary, so... :3

THANK GOD THERE IS AN ACCOM HELP. xDD That's what I came for - I took one look at the website and felt immeasurably overwhelmed... I've been on an open day, and have an idea of what I want, but I don't know how much I have to spend, and all of that rubbish. ;_; *goes to explore*

ReputationRep:
    I'm firming for Economics, Politics and International Studies Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamaGuest)
    I'm firming for Economics, Politics and International Relations Anyone else?

Firmed already

Can't wait

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.