Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Good list

I think Westwood deserves some attention. It's a lot better than you'd expect
    yeah but isn't it quite a walk away..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Good list

I think Westwood deserves some attention. It's a lot better than you'd expect
    Yeah, I really want JM because it's a 30 week let and don't like the look of the other 30 lets available!! I live in Coventry anyway, so don't see the point of 37/39, plus an en-suite would be a nice bonus
    Westwood just seems so secluded!! The reason I'm living out is to not have that aha

ReputationRep:
    Westwood's not that far - it's right by Uni House for the 24 hour learning grid, and close to the Theatre, History of Art and Film buildings and the new Chemistry bit. It's only a ten minute walk to central campus too. On the plus side you get big rooms and a good sense of community so it's worth a punt, especially as it's a bit cheaper than many. With a bike it'd be no journey at all really and apart from a bit of Kirby Corner Rd you'd be cycling on campus too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking Cryfield, then Rootes, then possibly Whitefields. I thought about maybe Benefactors as my first choice but I'm worried about sharing with so few people :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm a firmer for English and Creative Writing - if I get the grades I need :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Deeny)
    I'm a firmer for English and Creative Writing - if I get the grades I need :-)
    *high five*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottiebubble)
    *high five*
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Where are all the Chemists! :P

Accommodation is a wonderful field of uncertainty when all you've got to go on are some pictures and a few snippets of information :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahl)
    Where are all the Chemists! :P

Accommodation is a wonderful field of uncertainty when all you've got to go on are some pictures and a few snippets of information :|
    What :| the accommodation guide in this forum is ridiculously detailed, even to the point of giving estimated walking times (in minutes) to and from each residence.. ?!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=338591

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziedj)
    What :| the accommodation guide in this forum is ridiculously detailed, even to the point of giving estimated walking times (in minutes) to and from each residence.. ?!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=338591

true that

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what I'm going to choose...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah Mary)
    Yeah, I really want JM because it's a 30 week let and don't like the look of the other 30 lets available!! I live in Coventry anyway, so don't see the point of 37/39, plus an en-suite would be a nice bonus
    Westwood just seems so secluded!! The reason I'm living out is to not have that aha
    Good to see another coventry firmer !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danahan)
    Good to see another coventry firmer !
    Yeah you too I keep asking myself why I've decided to stay so local?! But I guess Warwick is kinda like a bubble anyway, so it won't be too much of the same (I hope!!)

ReputationRep:
    Firm for maths!!
    Although Im terrified about the AEA paper... practice papers are almost impossible. Anyone else finding them difficult?

And im thinking Rootes accomodation! I think its the one mostly for first years and it looked quite nice on the open day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icegem100)
    Firm for maths!!
    Although Im terrified about the AEA paper... practice papers are almost impossible. Anyone else finding them difficult?

And im thinking Rootes accomodation! I think its the one mostly for first years and it looked quite nice on the open day!
    Yeah Im still finding them very hard :\ I just don't know how to start the questions.
    Oooh im thinking about Rootes too, definitely looks the best one I think

ReputationRep:
    Firm for maths!!

(Original post by xx-becky1992-xx)
    Yeah Im still finding them very hard :\ I just don't know how to start the questions.
    Oooh im thinking about Rootes too, definitely looks the best one I think

I found them hard at the start, they're OK now STEP papers seem to be much more about spotting a clever move to make, and the rest of the question fairly OK from there. AEA generally has *easier* things to spot, but then the algebra involved is just madness a lot of the time :P My best advice is, don't be afraid if your question seems to be getting crazier by the second in terms of how much algebra and trigonometery you see on the page, and assume you must have made a wrong turn somewhere along the line - you probably haven't, the questions are just really long sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    Jack Martin, Arthur Vick, Cryfield, Whitefields, Westwood and Benefactors are all 100% first year undergraduate too (and Tocil/Heronbank/Lakeside you still will be living with first year undergraduates). Remember you need to pick three choices. Check out the Warwick Accommodation Thread if you need help choosing the other two

Oh, and good luck with AEA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    Jack Martin, Arthur Vick, Cryfield, Whitefields, Westwood and Benefactors are all 100% first year undergraduate too (and Tocil/Heronbank/Lakeside you still will be living with first year undergraduates). Remember you need to pick three choices. Check out the Warwick Accommodation Thread if you need help choosing the other two

Oh, and good luck with AEA
    What are the disadvantages of Heronbank for a maths student? Is the walk across the whole campus that far? (yes I went on the visit day, but it's hard to gauge because I had a fairly meandering tour ) Do you tend to get less maths people staying there because of the distance to the maths building?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed MORSE at Warwick, officially signed my death sentence.
    I've talked to about 10 outgoing MORSE students and they all shook their heads in pity when I told them I'm doing MORSE next year. It's gonna be pure torture =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziedj)
    What are the disadvantages of Heronbank for a maths student? Is the walk across the whole campus that far? (yes I went on the visit day, but it's hard to gauge because I had a fairly meandering tour ) Do you tend to get less maths people staying there because of the distance to the maths building?
    Well there are only 151 rooms for first years in Heronbank. To my knowledge I know two Maths students who live there. Proportionally you would expect a total of 15 Maths students living there. The walk is about 15-20 minutes to Maths. Add another 5 to get to Tesco and a shopping trip will take nearly an hour just walking there and back. Heronbank also has a larger proportion of international students - mainly due to the 39 week let and en suite. Don't know much more that that to be honest.

I would assume that there would be fewer Maths students, unless the need for 39 week + en suite outweighs the inconvenience of the distance.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.