Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about how it'll be weird going from one of the better students in my college to probably being one of the thickest in the uni at warwick :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlleflorence)
    1) Rootes
    2) Tocil
    3) Whitefields
    4) Cryfield
    5) Westwood

Anyone else putting Rootes as their first choice?
    Haha, this was exactly how my list of preferences looked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathryn128)
    Haha, this was exactly how my list of preferences looked
    What are reasons for picking those ones? I just want to make sure I've fully assessed the pros/cons of every hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    What are reasons for picking those ones? I just want to make sure I've fully assessed the pros/cons of every hall.
    I actually have a few friends who started Warwick last September (I'm on my gap year) and went to stay with them for a few days, so like to think I've made the most informed decision I could

1) Rootes

The rooms are way bigger than the one I was staying in/others I saw in JM, and nice as it was to have a bathroom on site, you never had to wait for one/a toilet in Rootes, and even towards the end of the year the atmosphere was lovely and it seemed like a sound investment at £400 less than the ensuites for a 39 rather than a 30 week let, when I'm not that fussed about having my own bathroom, especially since it cuts your room space in half.

2) Tocil

I liked the flats layout of this one, and it also seemed pretty good value for money. It does sound quite nice to share a bathroom with fewer people than you do in Rootes, and to get that community feel, but the sociability of Rootes and slightly higher rent put it in second place for me.

3) Whitefields

If I didn't get my first two choices, my priority switched to money, and I didn't get to see Cryfield, but I haven't been that enthused by the reviews about it on here, so I put Whitefields above it, despite proximity to the union, which I know will probably piss me off later down the line.

4) Cryfield

Same as above, I guess; by the time I get down to fourth choice, I'm not getting what I want anyway, so I might as well save as much of my loan as possible lol.

5) Westwood

From on here, it does seem to get an unfairly bad rap, and I probably wouldn't be completely devastated if this is where I ended up, but the proximity does kind of kill it for me, and the sheer numbers of people to a kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    Arthur Vick
    Tocil
    Heronbank
    Rootes
    Cryfield =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathryn128)
    I actually have a few friends who started Warwick last September (I'm on my gap year) and went to stay with them for a few days, so like to think I've made the most informed decision I could

1) Rootes

The rooms are way bigger than the one I was staying in/others I saw in JM,
    You know Alice don't you - I live opposite her :holmes:

I swear I recognised the person in the profile picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    You know Alice don't you - I live opposite her :holmes:

I swear I recognised the person in the profile picture.
    Yes!

One of my best friends from school My apologies, we were likely pretty noisy!

And wow, I didn't even realize I still had a profile picture and that horrendous info section on here still! It's been a long time since I was on TSR with any kind of regularity; a few things have changed, suffice it to say!

ReputationRep:
    What course are you doing?
    im doing mathematics, G100..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeohaikal)
    im doing mathematics, G100..
    Check out this post for details on the recommended books are for the course, but doing preliminary reading is not necessary.

ReputationRep:
    1. Rootes
    2. Tocil
    3. Jack Martin
    (hoping I get one of these 3!!)
    I put two more, can't remember which though... Whitefields and Westwood I think.. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamn)
    1. Rootes
    2. Tocil
    3. Jack Martin
    (hoping I get one of these 3!!)
    I put two more, can't remember which though... Whitefields and Westwood I think.. :P
    You will get Rootes. Probably. I'm tempted to say that anyone who puts Rootes as first preference and doesn't get it will get a drink on me. But that could become costly :p:

ReputationRep:
    You will get Rootes. Probably. I'm tempted to say that anyone who puts Rootes as first preference and doesn't get it will get a drink on me. But that could become costly :p:
    Haha I'll hold you to that. Yeah I'm hoping I get Rootes, really liked it when I went to look at it

ReputationRep:
    You need to make 5 choices now We've just seen the accommodation forms.

As long as you apply before July 31, you will have a fair chance. It is not first come first serve. The allocation doesn't happen until September.

You will probably get Rootes if you put is as your first choice. Rootes is a 39 week let for 2010-11.

Check out The Warwick Accommodation Thread if you want more information. There's a guide in the first few posts of the thread.

Oh thanks for all your help!

I can't decide between Jack Martin and Rootes for my first choice :/
    Cause they cost very similar per year but you have to move out at Easter and Christmas for Jack Martin which could be hastle.

Oh decisions decisions...

And now the website says it can't find my password/ username when I just signed up!! :confused:

Any idea why or how to make it work??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icegem100)
    Oh thanks for all your help!

I can't decide between Jack Martin and Rootes for my first choice :/
    Cause they cost very similar per year but you have to move out at Easter and Christmas for Jack Martin which could be hastle.

Oh decisions decisions...

And now the website says it can't find my password/ username when I just signed up!! :confused:

Any idea why or how to make it work??
    Keep trying. Perhaps you're on the wrong page?

ReputationRep:
    Check out this post for details on the recommended books are for the course, but doing preliminary reading is not necessary.
    oh ok thx.. how bout for a non-FM educated person like me?
    and also.. anybody else doing G100? Although I supposed knowing other math degree people will be nice too... Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    and also.. anybody else doing G100? Although I supposed knowing other math degree people will be nice too... Anybody?
    There's loads of them on here.

ReputationRep:
    There are loads. After results day expect a Warwick Mathmos Freshers 2010 thread with hundreds of posts in.

With regards to your question, I suggest you focus on the differentiation and integration topics in the further maths modules, and get familiar with hyperbolic trig functions, diffn and integration of those and also Taylor series will help. ODEs and Vectors and Matrices are taught in the first term, but perhaps if you have time you should look at them - you will have more time to understand things before uni starts.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maths G100 Whoop whoop!

Are you doing the AEA paper? I'm not liking the past papers very much... some of the questions are horrible.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a firmer for Lit and Creative Writing too
    providing I don't flunk RS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntrinsicLouis)
    I'm a firmer for Lit and Creative Writing too
    providing I don't flunk RS...
    Yay! There are three of us

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.