Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottiebubble)
    Yay! There are three of us
    That's one of the most competitive courses in the entire country, ya know. You have all done incredibly well to get onto it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megaduck)
    That's one of the most competitive courses in the entire country, ya know. You have all done incredibly well to get onto it.
    Creative Writing? One of the most competitive courses in the country?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    Creative Writing? One of the most competitive courses in the country?!?
    There's a massive difference between this course at Warwick and all the others. It's intensive, very hard work with incredible prospects at the end of it.
    Plus there are only about 25 places, and thousands apply

ReputationRep:
    I was full of joy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntrinsicLouis)
    There's a massive difference between this course at Warwick and all the others. It's intensive, very hard work with incredible prospects at the end of it.
    Plus there are only about 25 places, and thousands apply
    What are the prospects?

ReputationRep:
    What are the prospects?
    Of becoming a published writer? Lowish, I guess, although higher than for most. But not everybody takes a strictly utilitarian approach - some people study for the love of it. Also writers, musicians etc often have a great love of what they do regardless of the rewards they might get.

And let's face it, having a Warwick degree can only help you in your career even if you don't go into something directly related to the subject you studied.

ReputationRep:
    What are the prospects?
    You're not one of those anti-humanities people are you? O.o

This is the site for the Writing Programme: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/english/writingprog/

It has pages about published graduates etc. Not everyone who does the course goes into writing though, I think advertising is quite popular. At the end of the day, you've got a Warwick degree in English Literature, but will bells attached.

ReputationRep:
    Eee...Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icegem100)
    I'm doing maths G100 Whoop whoop!

Are you doing the AEA paper? I'm not liking the past papers very much... some of the questions are horrible.
    haha.. trust me.. i think AEA is easier than STEP.. I did STEP I and STEP II, got S and II.. didnt get me into Cambridge, but got me into Warwick. Anyways, I'm from Singapore and probably 2 years older than you. Already did my A levels so all I'm waiting for now is to go study... And it's been a long 3 year wait...

what were your choices of accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeohaikal)
    haha.. trust me.. i think AEA is easier than STEP.. I did STEP I and STEP II, got S and II.. didnt get me into Cambridge, but got me into Warwick. Anyways, I'm from Singapore and probably 2 years older than you. Already did my A levels so all I'm waiting for now is to go study... And it's been a long 3 year wait...

Ah yeah well I thought AEA would be best as it is only pure so kind of narrows down what you need to know... and I prefer pure as well.

Oh 3 years wow... my choices are 1.) Rootes 2.) Jack Martin 3.) Cryfield 4.) Tocil 5.) Whitefields.

It totally threw me when i realised you could only apply for one 30 week ensuite but yeah i chose the ones i think are best!

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah well I thought AEA would be best as it is only pure so kind of narrows down what you need to know... and I prefer pure as well.

Oh 3 years wow... my choices are 1.) Rootes 2.) Jack Martin 3.) Cryfield 4.) Tocil 5.) Whitefields.

It totally threw me when i realised you could only apply for one 30 week ensuite but yeah i chose the ones i think are best!

What about you?
    I applied to them exact ones in a lightly different order but basically the same.. with Rootes first, I really hope I end up there.
    I'm also doing Maths, Im sitting AEA and STEP 1, im finding AEA still slightly tricky but getting the hang of it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx-becky1992-xx)
    I applied to them exact ones in a lightly different order but basically the same.. with Rootes first, I really hope I end up there.
    I'm also doing Maths, Im sitting AEA and STEP 1, im finding AEA still slightly tricky but getting the hang of it now
    Yeah I think I'm getting the hang of AEA as well. I got the very last part of the last question right on one of the papers and felt so good. Haha. Its the best feeling
    I haven't actually send off my application for accomodation yet but I still can't decide which one to put first. Rootes or Jack Martin?
    Any ideas?

ReputationRep:

Yeah I think I'm getting the hang of AEA as well. I got the very last part of the last question right on one of the papers and felt so good. Haha. Its the best feeling
    I haven't actually send off my application for accomodation yet but I still can't decide which one to put first. Rootes or Jack Martin?
    Any ideas?

'Sup
    Maths firmer here too. Wow there's loads of us in this thread now, there were very few a couple of months ago for Maths. Perhaps we should make a STEP/AEA thread so we can moan about it at length :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sliced Bread)
    'Sup
    Maths firmer here too. Wow there's loads of us in this thread now, there were very few a couple of months ago for Maths. Perhaps we should make a STEP/AEA thread so we can moan about it at length :o:
    Haha yeah.. that would be pretty good, will actually motivate me to look at some STEP/AEA :P

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas?
    I decided to go with Rootes as I'm not too fussed with having an en suite really, and it encourages you to come out your room more and talk to more people... I also just thought it sounded good and really want to have a great first year at uni meeting loads of people and just having a laugh

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah.. that would be pretty good, will actually motivate me to look at some STEP/AEA :P
    Yep, I'm totally neglecting it at the moment Oh well, I'll live.
    I just hope I'll get JM/Tocil so I can be really close to the main campus :d. I want them to allocate accommodation now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sliced Bread)
    Yep, I'm totally neglecting it at the moment Oh well, I'll live.
    I just hope I'll get JM/Tocil so I can be really close to the main campus :d. I want them to allocate accommodation now
    I know.. not really done much for a while now :p:
    Yeah.. I hope i get either rootes or tocil.. would be soo good being that close to the student union. Yeah I would love it if they gave us our accomodation now

ReputationRep:
    how bout a Maths for Warwick firmers 2010/11 instead? haha.. :P anyways i think STEP is pretty manageable once you get loads and loads of practice - after a while you can just see where the question is going. didnt too well for STEP II because half my mind wasn't on maths while I was studying for it. I'm probably the only 21 year old dude here... Heh..

I'm applying for 1) Tocil 2) Whitefields 3) Westwood 4,5) Rootes and Hurst.

Really can't wait to start studying all over again... Haha..

ReputationRep:
    how bout a Maths for Warwick firmers 2010/11 instead? haha.. :P anyways i think STEP is pretty manageable once you get loads and loads of practice - after a while you can just see where the question is going. didnt too well for STEP II because half my mind wasn't on maths while I was studying for it. I'm probably the only 21 year old dude here... Heh..

I'm applying for 1) Tocil 2) Whitefields 3) Westwood 4,5) Rootes and Hurst.

Really can't wait to start studying all over again... Haha..
    :holmes:

Hurst is not available to first year undergraduates. Either that or Whitefields, Westwood and Rootes are not available to final year undergraduates/postgraduates.

ReputationRep:
    That is true *prods above post*. Hurst is only for finalists. I am in Hurst.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.