Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShabzM)
    I received a reading list by email for Accounting and Finance a couple of weeks ago!
    No need to read anything (unless you really want to)

ReputationRep:
    ehh.. warwick orientation is open.. but how to register?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeohaikal)
    ehh.. warwick orientation is open.. but how to register?!?!?
    http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/i...onapplication/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milch)
    No need to read anything (unless you really want to)
    I've done A level maths, so do I need to buy the QAM book? the one by Stray & Kotiadis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    I've done A level maths, so do I need to buy the QAM book? the one by Stray & Kotiadis
    I would say yes. The QAM1 and QAM2 textbooks were the only ones that I really used because the seminar questions came from the textbook. Also QAM1+2 are very similar to A-Level further maths, so if you haven't done that then you may need to go over topics with the textbook. I've got the books for sale at a discount if you want? (That's if they haven't changed it this year)

ReputationRep:
    I just got a nice little 'Congratulations!' on Ucas after sending along my results last week, so I'm good to go

Anybody else for Philosophy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milch)
    I would say yes. The QAM1 and QAM2 textbooks were the only ones that I really used because the seminar questions came from the textbook. Also QAM1+2 are very similar to A-Level further maths, so if you haven't done that then you may need to go over topics with the textbook. I've got the books for sale at a discount if you want? (That's if they haven't changed it this year)
    Holy $hit, when you say "similar to further maths" do you mean measly matrices or do you mean hyberbolic mindf*cks?

ReputationRep:
    Holy $hit, when you say "similar to further maths" do you mean measly matrices or do you mean hyberbolic mindf*cks?
    Nothing as hard as that! Stuff similar to S1, S2, D1, D2.

ReputationRep:
    UCAS went to Unconditional today
    Ancient History + Classical Archaeology

ReputationRep:
    Who else is just ridiculously excited about going now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahl)
    Who else is just ridiculously excited about going now?
    That's the IB Kool-Aid talking...

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking up stuff and preparing madly the last few days and sometimes it hits me that I have to wait over 2 months

ReputationRep:
    Firmed warwick also...to study medicine..any other medics here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivienne101)
    Firmed warwick also...to study medicine..any other medics here?
    You can do Medicine in 4 years?

ReputationRep:
    It's a Postgraduate course. Warwick Medical School doesn't have a undergrad department either.

ReputationRep:
    yup:yep: if uve done a previous degree..its graduate entry.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone, i got the grades and i'll be doing economics this october! )

I'm EU and wondering about international orientation.
    Are you coming? And is it worth it?

It's always good to meet other students earlier and make friends already, but orientation is kinda pricy and some parts of it - pretty pointless for me.
    i wouldn't be able to get the airport pickup anyway (since wizzair doesnt fly to heathrow) and the oxford trip is simply hillarious - it's like the slap in the face to all oxbridge rejects settling for warwick. plus anyone could go on a coventry trip on their own. i've been to britain plenty of times so i don't really need the lectures about british culture.
    the talks about banks and stuff could be pretty usefull but you could probably find all the required info on the internet. the only real advantage of orientation is few more days to make friends and party before the term starts but is it worth the money?

it seems to me that the orientation is more concentrated on international than EU students. so are any of you, EU students, coming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruttidee)
    hey everyone, i got the grades and i'll be doing economics this october! )

I'm EU and wondering about international orientation.
    Are you coming? And is it worth it?

It's always good to meet other students earlier and make friends already, but orientation is kinda pricy and some parts of it - pretty pointless for me.
    i wouldn't be able to get the airport pickup anyway (since wizzair doesnt fly to heathrow) and the oxford trip is simply hillarious - it's like the slap in the face to all oxbridge rejects settling for warwick. plus anyone could go on a coventry trip on their own. i've been to britain plenty of times so i don't really need the lectures about british culture.
    the talks about banks and stuff could be pretty usefull but you could probably find all the required info on the internet. the only real advantage of orientation is few more days to make friends and party before the term starts but is it worth the money?

it seems to me that the orientation is more concentrated on international than EU students. so are any of you, EU students, coming?
    Well, since you are asking about orientation now (whether you should go) and applications for it opened a week ago with limited places, chances are that it's fully booked by now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Well, since you are asking about orientation now (whether you should go) and applications for it opened a week ago with limited places, chances are that it's fully booked by now..
    it's not

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I firmed warwick as well. Pleased to meet you guys. I'll hopefully be coming in for the orientation in september. Still waiting on my A-levels results though.

Gonna be doing Economics :p: though they required an AAAB which included further maths unfortunately. :mad:

Where're you guys from? Malaysian here

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.