Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gyyy2807)
    Which unis in America have you applied to?
    I applied to six,
    NYU, Amherst College, Pepperdine University, Brandeis University, Pace University and Drexel University...
    Drexel and Pace have already admitted me, :yep:
    Have you applied to the states?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    I thought everyone would be obsessing about Benefactors! :woo:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I certainly am ... :rolleyes:
    I thought Benefactors was quite small. JM and AV looked the most decent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdatoo)
    I applied to six,
    NYU, Amherst College, Pepperdine University, Brandeis University, Pace University and Drexel University...
    Drexel and Pace have already admitted me, :yep:
    Have you applied to the states?
    Yeah. I've applied to Brown, Georgetown, Cornell and Syracuse, and McGill in Canada. Syracuse gave me an offer a few days ago. And I had an interview with Brown about a week ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gyyy2807)
    Yeah. I've applied to Brown, Georgetown, Cornell and Syracuse, and McGill in Canada. Syracuse gave me an offer a few days ago. And I had an interview with Brown about a week ago.
    if you get into brown then thats class.

what course are you applying for, did you apply for econ last year?

hows your gap year going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    if you get into brown then thats class.

what course are you applying for, did you apply for econ last year?

hows your gap year going
    yeah although I doubt I will.

At warwick I've applied for international management, and yeah I applied for economics last year but I've decided that I want to do something broader than pure economics.

It's ok. Struggling to find a paying job to fund travel in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Similarly to another user, I'm having trouble deciding whether to firm Warwick or RHUL to study BSc Psychology. I have a slight preference for Warwick simply because of it's outstanding overall reputation and its seemingly greater student life, however, I am a little concerned by the quality of the Psychology department (according to the Guardian League Table and the Uni Stats website). The main issues I have with RHUL is whether the degree is less reputable than a degree from Warwick and that the student life doesn't really appear to exist! The selling point of RHUL seems to be the proximity to London yet being students, I doubt very much you have the time or money to spend in London. I'm visiting Warwick on March 3rd and RHUL on March 13th so I'll probably be able to make my mind up then but if anyone has anything to help my issues, it would be really appreciated xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost definitely firming Warwick for French and German , i've got the open day on 3rd March just to make sure, 'cos I've actually never been on an official Warwick day. The option is Birmingham..seems like it has really good Erasmus links but I think it'd be a bit overwhelming..

Anyone else for langs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthachan03)
    Similarly to another user, I'm having trouble deciding whether to firm Warwick or RHUL to study BSc Psychology. I have a slight preference for Warwick simply because of it's outstanding overall reputation and its seemingly greater student life, however, I am a little concerned by the quality of the Psychology department (according to the Guardian League Table and the Uni Stats website). The main issues I have with RHUL is whether the degree is less reputable than a degree from Warwick and that the student life doesn't really appear to exist! The selling point of RHUL seems to be the proximity to London yet being students, I doubt very much you have the time or money to spend in London. I'm visiting Warwick on March 3rd and RHUL on March 13th so I'll probably be able to make my mind up then but if anyone has anything to help my issues, it would be really appreciated xxx
    You'm are very eloquent, miss.

(Original post by Livi_510)
    I'm almost definitely firming Warwick for French and German , i've got the open day on 3rd March just to make sure, 'cos I've actually never been on an official Warwick day. The option is Birmingham..seems like it has really good Erasmus links but I think it'd be a bit overwhelming..

Anyone else for langs?
    Yep

German and Spanish - looking like a choice between Warwick and Exeter but pretty sure I'll be picking Warwick (320 points over 4 A levels, can't go wrong!). Got the open day on the 10th just to see what it's like, I've never been either

ReputationRep:
    Warwick firmer for Law LLB EXCITED

ReputationRep:
    You'm are very eloquent, miss.
    Why thank you I don't speak as eloquently and I have a strong Welsh accent xx

ReputationRep:

Anyone else for langs?
    Alright Livi!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know you from Latin :woo:

So y'reckon you'll end up at Warwick too? :smile:

ReputationRep:

You seem to have it pretty much sorted, like you said visit then make your mind up. I'm sure it'll make it much clearer.
    Also, look at course content for both. It's what helped me make a final decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    You seem to have it pretty much sorted, like you said visit then make your mind up. I'm sure it'll make it much clearer.
    Also, look at course content for both. It's what helped me make a final decision
    "...look at course content for both." That's another thing persuading me, I find the course in Warwick more appealing! I think my mind is made up already...xx

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you I don't speak as eloquently and I have a strong Welsh accent xx
    Nice one!
    I'm sort-of accentless (a tiny bit northern, so they say), which just annoys me!
    Wish I had a rough Scottish accent :teeth:

Sorry I can't help with your query btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_1892)
    Yep

German and Spanish - looking like a choice between Warwick and Exeter but pretty sure I'll be picking Warwick (320 points over 4 A levels, can't go wrong!). Got the open day on the 10th just to see what it's like, I've never been either
    Ha, I love my offer, although mine's 350...it means that I need like DDD- in my A2 exams :p: . But i'll still hopefully be going for my predicteds.

You do indeed, are you doing A2 latin?

I think I will be, yeah, it was the offer I was most excited about getting, I ran downstairs and jumped up and down while my parents were at the door looking confused :p: .

ReputationRep:
    You do indeed, are you doing A2 latin?

I think I will be, yeah, it was the offer I was most excited about getting, I ran downstairs and jumped up and down while my parents were at the door looking confused.
    Haha, I don't have such an exciting tale to tell!

But I remember sitting at Birmingham station for 3 hours (in order to get the cheaper train ), reading through the massive course manual and picking out my options ...
    And thinking, I don't even give a stuff if Oxford doesn't want me - I want here! :woo:
    And so it hopefully will be :yep:

Yep, I'm doing A2 Latin.
    Not started anything yet like.
    But I'll be getting the exam entries done soon.
    You are, aren't you? ^^

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I don't have such an exciting tale to tell!

But I remember sitting at Birmingham station for 3 hours (in order to get the cheaper train ), reading through the massive course manual and picking out my options ...
    And thinking, I don't even give a stuff if Oxford doesn't want me - I want here! :woo:
    And so it hopefully will be :yep:

Yep, I'm doing A2 Latin.
    Not started anything yet like.
    But I'll be getting the exam entries done soon.
    You are, aren't you? ^^
    Ah, Birmingham New Street...many a happy hour spent there :p: . I've never even seen the course manual for langs at Warwick :rolleyes: , but i'm sure it'll be good ha.

You've not started yet :eek: ? Latin is currently making me die even if i do only need a 60 average for an A, it's horrible!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, Birmingham New Street...many a happy hour spent there :p: . I've never even seen the course manual for langs at Warwick :rolleyes: , but i'm sure it'll be good ha.

You've not started yet :eek: ? Latin is currently making me die even if i do only need a 60 average for an A, it's horrible!
    For Morse, we had a massive course manual given to us at interview.
    And it's a good job I read it there and then because, otherwise, I might not have noticed that it says that we have to keep it with us or else <print> the whole however-many-page book out again from some website-or-other, at our own cost!
    Shucks for those who have already lost theirs! :woo:

Birmingham New Street's great isn't it!
    I love all the London Midlands trains with the funny displays on, which say "Merry Christmas" at, well, Christmas.
    Are you from that general area?
    Bit cityish tho' innit, like.

Orly?!
    Well which set texts are you doing?
    I bet you wouldn't be complaining if it were the Catullus poems

ReputationRep:
    Nice one!
    I'm sort-of accentless (a tiny bit northern, so they say), which just annoys me!
    Wish I had a rough Scottish accent :teeth:

Sorry I can't help with your query btw.
    Rough Scottish accent would be nice, haha. That's fine, have you chosen Warwick as your firm choice? xx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.