Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    For Morse, we had a massive course manual given to us at interview.
    And it's a good job I read it there and then because, otherwise, I might not have noticed that it says that we have to keep it with us or else <print> the whole however-many-page book out again from some website-or-other, at our own cost!
    Shucks for those who have already lost theirs! :woo:

Birmingham New Street's great isn't it!
    I love all the London Midlands trains with the funny displays on, which say "Merry Christmas" at, well, Christmas.
    Are you from that general area?
    Bit cityish tho' innit, like.

Orly?!
    Well which set texts are you doing?
    I bet you wouldn't be complaining if it were the Catullus poems
    that manual is ******* huge there is sooo many options

are you gona do 3 or 4 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthachan03)
    Rough Scottish accent would be nice, haha. That's fine, have you chosen Warwick as your firm choice? xx
    Not yet, but will be doing!

Did you look into accommodation at Warwick btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    that manual is ******* huge there is sooo many options

are you gona do 3 or 4 years?
    I know - tell me about it!
    Have you looked at the first year?
    This is obviously subject to change when I get there, but I'm thinking of the core ones, programming for scientists (MA117) and starting formal logic (PH126).

Gonna do four unless they kick me off early
    Just to be able to put MMORSE at the end of my name.
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, but will be doing!

Did you look into accommodation at Warwick btw?
    I have I'm most probably going to choose Jack Martin or Arthur Vick as my first choice (depending on which is the most sociable), followed by Rootes and then I have no idea what to choose. I want a hall of residence that will be really sociable and enjoyable but not overly noisy during the early hours of the morning and exam periods! I like silence when revising and sleeping, haha. xx

ReputationRep:
    I have I'm most probably going to choose Jack Martin or Arthur Vick as my first choice (depending on which is the most sociable), followed by Rootes and then I have no idea what to choose. I want a hall of residence that will be really sociable and enjoyable but not overly noisy during the early hours of the morning and exam periods! I like silence when revising and sleeping, haha. xx

Snap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    Snap!
    Great minds think alike xx

ReputationRep:
    Beware - AV is deathly popular!

I think it's only really me who seems to like Benefactors ...
    Not a particularly encouraging sign

Still, I'm trekking down to Warwick on Sunday, so I'll have a good chance to eye-up all the accommodation then :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Beware - AV is deathly popular!

I think it's only really me who seems to like Benefactors ...
    Not a particularly encouraging sign

Still, I'm trekking down to Warwick on Sunday, so I'll have a good chance to eye-up all the accommodation then :woo:
    "AV is deathly popular!" - Have opinions of AV drastically changed in the past few years? I started reading the earlier posts on an accommodation thread and it seemed that AV was 'quiet' and 'unsociable'.

Oh enjoy I'll be going to the departmental open day on March 30rd, I missed the booking for the general open day and will have to go in June!

ReputationRep:
    I know - tell me about it!
    Have you looked at the first year?
    This is obviously subject to change when I get there, but I'm thinking of the core ones, programming for scientists (MA117) and starting formal logic (PH126).

Gonna do four unless they kick me off early
    Just to be able to put MMORSE at the end of my name.
    What about you?
    think i'll just do 3,

but its good there's the option of doing 4 if i really want to.

first year option i think i will do games+decisions and something else (formal logic?). probz do the programming in 2nd year instead.

so much to choose from lol

the workload is gona be insane ha

ReputationRep:
    For Morse, we had a massive course manual given to us at interview.
    And it's a good job I read it there and then because, otherwise, I might not have noticed that it says that we have to keep it with us or else <print> the whole however-many-page book out again from some website-or-other, at our own cost!
    Shucks for those who have already lost theirs! :woo:

Birmingham New Street's great isn't it!
    I love all the London Midlands trains with the funny displays on, which say "Merry Christmas" at, well, Christmas.
    Are you from that general area?
    Bit cityish tho' innit, like.

Orly?!
    Well which set texts are you doing?
    I bet you wouldn't be complaining if it were the Catullus poems
    Ahh, okay maybe that doesn't exist for languages then lol.

Lol, i've actually never seen that..I only went into Brum once for christmas shopping this year, which ended with a mad dash for the train doors at my stop through a packed carriage..wasn't great. I am indeed.

We're doing, errr, Aeneid and Tacitus. I just generally can't do lit, I can learn the translations fine but essays are my downfall :o:.

ReputationRep:
    Firming for Chemistry!

Where are all the Chemists!?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone planning on financing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katievalerie)
    How is everyone planning on financing?

I have no idea :| I've been saving but it's never going to beenough..
    I don't qualify for a grant so I guess I will have to (unfortuantely) rely on my parents as I don't want to get a job till after exams but then it'll be a slim chance of actually getting one! Stressful really

What accomodation do you think you'll go for? If I go for the cheapest, it's about £2,800 which means I will have some of my loan left, but I am more likely to go for Arther Vick, which means my parents will have to top me up.
    I don't want to have to rely on them but I see no other choice

What about you?
    I'm so excited

ReputationRep:
    I don't qualify for a grant so I guess I will have to (unfortuantely) rely on my parents as I don't want to get a job till after exams but then it'll be a slim chance of actually getting one! Stressful really

What accomodation do you think you'll go for? If I go for the cheapest, it's about £2,800 which means I will have some of my loan left, but I am more likely to go for Arther Vick, which means my parents will have to top me up.

What about you?
    I'm so excited
    Just out of curiosity, isn't it possible to take loans for accommodation/expenses in the UK?

I know that you get the loan for tuition fees, but is it possible for uk students to take more loans to cover other expenses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andcho)
    Just out of curiosity, isn't it possible to take loans for accommodation/expenses in the UK?

I know that you get the loan for tuition fees, but is it possible for uk students to take more loans to cover other expenses?
    Yeah it is, but it's like £3,300 which doesn't cover all accomodation. I think..
    I'm useless with this sort of thing!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is, but it's like £3,300 which doesn't cover all accomodation. I think..
    I'm useless with this sort of thing!
    How do they expect people without savings to be able to live on that? :O
    I haven't really taken the time to research the whole loan-thing myself. Maybe it's time to get started...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andcho)
    How do they expect people without savings to be able to live on that? :O
    I haven't really taken the time to research the whole loan-thing myself. Maybe it's time to get started...
    I guess they gather parents will support you, or you'll get a job?
    And parents who earn less than 60,000 get higher loans and some get grants? I'm not really sure. I'm relying on my brother to help as he's done it all before haha, not a good start of independence really..

ReputationRep:

What about you?
    I'm so excited
    Yeah Ive got £500 saved but thats not gonna be much of a help
    my Parents have decided that it would be a great idea to cut me off any financial help when I get to uni,
    So Im having to rely on the grants and a loan, but i reaally want to stay at Arthur Vick or Jack Martin! So I dont know what to doooo!

IM SO EXCITED TOOOO
    I cant believe my luck
    whatre you studying??x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katievalerie)
    Yeah Ive got £500 saved but thats not gonna be much of a help
    my Parents have decided that it would be a great idea to cut me off any financial help when I get to uni,
    So Im having to rely on the grants and a loan, but i reaally want to stay at Arthur Vick or Jack Martin! So I dont know what to doooo!

IM SO EXCITED TOOOO
    I cant believe my luck
    whatre you studying??x
    What am I study now? Or I will be at Warwick?
    I'll answer both haha.
    Psychology, Geography, Biology and English Lit.
    And studying Psychology at Warwick hopefully

Arthur Vick is my favourite, but it's so popular! But I guess if it's not first come first serve then everyone has an equal chance. Apparently you can only apply for one en suite accomodation!

Are you visiting Warwick anytime soon?

ReputationRep:
    I guess they gather parents will support you, or you'll get a job?
    And parents who earn less than 60,000 get higher loans and some get grants? I'm not really sure. I'm relying on my brother to help as he's done it all before haha, not a good start of independence really..
    I'm relying on my sister :P but in another way!

Is your brother at warwick?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.