Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've not got much creativity so I'd like to follow a set diet plan to lose weight, but most of the ones I look at contain a lot of fish. I'm not too fussy with food but I really, really hate fish. I'm struggling to find any plans which don't have a dependency on fish, can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    chicken and beef

ReputationRep:
    Tofu and veg? Turkey is incredibly lean too, so perhaps follow the plans that include fish but substitute turkey instead.

Would you change your mind about fish if I told you that I've lost a stone in 19 days by eating fish for dinner about 6 times a week? Don't get me wrong, I'd be eating steak if it gave me the same results, but it doesn't, so fish it has to be for me.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just substitute the fish for something of a similar calorie value? Can be anything you want. A chicken breast fillet?

Doing it by calories rather than following a temporary plan is better in general IMO as then you can pretty much eat whatever you want — you just moderate the amount and consciously avoid unnecessarily calorie-laden meals.

These habits will then let you keep the weight off, whereas if you go back to your old ways after 'finishing' your diet you will put it back on.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't touch fish; I used to like it as a child but as I've grown older I've come to despise the taste. I've tried different kinds and I just can't take to any of it.

I guess I can replace it with chicken, but perhaps that would be a poultry overkill? Also, is it important to somehow implement Omega 3 into my diet considering I'm avoiding fish?

Thanks for you help

ReputationRep:
    Fish is a really good for people who want to lose weight. I have been eating fish now for some time now and I have lost a ton of weight. But if you don’t like fish you can replace it with tofu or vegetables.

ReputationRep:
    There are lot of options available for using as a substitiute of fish diet in weight loss. We just need to take care that we are getting equivalent amount of calorie diet via substitute.
    We can use different protein ingredient such as, co-extruded soybean poultry by-product meal added with egg supplement, Terrestial plants and animal products which are easily available in world markets.
    Fishes are usually part of weight loss diet as they are excellent source of indispensable amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and generally enhance palatability.
    Substitues can be used at different percentages ranged from 0% to 100% replacement.
    Results with these substitutes on survival, percent weight gain and final weight and feed efficiency are found to be approximately similar to those fish diets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValoraFennes)
    I've not got much creativity so I'd like to follow a set diet plan to lose weight, but most of the ones I look at contain a lot of fish. I'm not too fussy with food but I really, really hate fish. I'm struggling to find any plans which don't have a dependency on fish, can anyone help?
    Eat less.

There are no other secret to diets.

You don't have to eat anything, except eat less.

Got it into your head yet?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you are working very hard to improve your health and set a good example for the family. I am sure your scale will tell you shortly if your plan is working. The main thing is variety. You will get bored with the same dietary plan. I can see you are working hard as it is. Perhaps, there is a site that will help with the menu planning and food purchasing that is free. You could try fitday, join, but don't pay anything. You will find lots of help, and all that you input is completely private.

ReputationRep:
    Focus on increasing your protein intake, through Chicken, Turkey, Lean cuts of meat, Protein Shakes, also eat more Nuts, Beans, Legumes, Drink plenty of water, Green tea also, Supplement with Omega Oil(The beneficial oil that fish contains), a good multi-vit, Practically Any Fruit and Veg. It really isn't so hard, just try to eat natural.

ReputationRep:
    vegetables/fruits all the way with bits of meat.

ReputationRep:
    Fish is absolutely good in lot of aspects, it is good for health, memory power and grasping ability increases tremendously and of course weight loss. Since fish is disliked by many people natural supplements and herbal supplements are available in the market, which is equally good to be keeping the body healthy and reduce ones weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlie00)
    Fish is absolutely good in lot of aspects, it is good for health, memory power and grasping ability increases tremendously and of course weight loss. Since fish is disliked by many people natural supplements and herbal supplements are available in the market, which is equally good to be keeping the body healthy and reduce ones weight.
    Really? Sounds magical.

ReputationRep:
    eat more healthily, don't eat fish

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.