Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Since two years I think about studying in Cambridge, but there are some issues that I need to look at.

1st - my English is not bad but not very good. I have already passed TOEIC with a score of 930/990 but I have no idea of the relative level between TOEIC and IELTS.
    2nd - I will post-graduate in my country (France) in 2011. The Diploma can be assimilated (I think) to a Master of Engineering in Computer Science (actually translated word by word it's an Engineer Degree option Software R&D). I want to register for a MPh in Computer Science to pursue the following year in PhD in Computer Science. Is it a good choice or should I look for a MSc ?
    3rd - The French school system is weird and I don't think someone ever heard about my school (it's a sub part of Paris Catholic University specialized in Information Technology). So wish critera do they apply to decide if a candidate worth to get in or not ? I graduated with the examining board's utmost praise (don't know it's the right translation) and will probably do the same for my Post-Graduate diploma, but as I don't know how they value my school....
    4th - I have no idea to which College I should apply, that does not exist in my country and I don't understand the difference except for prestige. Does the course different ? How to decide which one I should apply to ?

Thanks to read me and hope you can help me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.