Turn on thread page Beta

Would you be embarrassed of your partner's family at your wedding? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matrix15)
    I hope you get AIDS you troll *******, go and jump in a frozen pond and remember this message as your lungs fill with murky water and the light leaves your eyes. I hope you boyfriend drops a mattress on you from the London eye.
    :eek3: I think you might need some sort of help.

ReputationRep:
    Why would I be embarrased of someone else's family? Embarrased of my own family, maybe, but not over "class".

ReputationRep:
    Gosh, what a snob. Get over it, you would be marrying your boyfriend, not his family anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpro)
    This is going to seem a very silly question considering what an utter shambles my relationship with my boyfriend currently is. In a few years time (if we're still together) I could see us getting married, because I'm not one of these ladies who believes prolonging that kind of thing (IMO, if you like it, then you should put a ring on it). The problem though is that when it comes to the wedding photos, I'd want only my family in them. His family are quite cheppo, and their idea of a night out is going down the 'Legion' (the local Labour club), whereas on my side of the family people are headteachers and stuff. I couldn't imagine that any of the women in his family would wear hats to our wedding.

I wouldn't tell my boyfriend any of this though until the day, so that he'd have to put up and shut up rather than make a scene.

Would you be embarrassed of your partner's family at your wedding?
    You really are a stupid b*tch aren't you? Just another middle-class snob.

ReputationRep:
    Cant believe you are wanting to marry someone from a family that are 'cheppo' (whatever that is supposed to mean.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.