Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm an external student student, on a gap year. I just resat some legacy a2 exams, and they went pretty well. However, the uni I really want to go to wants 2 A's however, the exams didn't got That well, i dont think.

I was under the impression that, all legacy A levels were being discontinued after January, so I booked all my retakes for January. However, I just found out OCR are not discontinuing!!

So I can get an A in the a2 modules. However, I never wrote these exams as June (pending) so universities do not know im retaking and ive got offers. If a uni has offered me A A, and I get AA by august, due to unmentioned resits, would this pose a problem?

Who do I contact? UCAS? Each uni indiviually? Help!?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    As far as I know OCR exams will be discontinued, apart from maths (MEI definitely, possibly non-MEI as well) and some final modules that will be available until Summer this year.

ReputationRep:
    I've spoken to OCR and they are definitely offering the course I want to do in June 2010. I want to retake 2 modules, but haven't mentioned this is my UCAS because I thought Jan would be my last opportunity.

So if I do retake it, will it matter at all? Would UCAS/Uni's want to know.

If so, what do I do, how do I edit my application. Do I tell UCAS or each individual uni. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamking)
    I've spoken to OCR and they are definitely offering the course I want to do in June 2010. I want to retake 2 modules, but haven't mentioned this is my UCAS because I thought Jan would be my last opportunity.

So if I do retake it, will it matter at all? Would UCAS/Uni's want to know.

If so, what do I do, how do I edit my application. Do I tell UCAS or each individual uni. Thanks!
    As long as you meet the conditions of your offer by 31st August then that should be fine. The universities already know you are resitting modules so unless they stipulate in their offer that you must not resit them then you should be fine. They do not receive results from January exams anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody just confirm the above?

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.