Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which one is better for Maths and Physics (well, Physics with Theoretical Physics at Imperial) I've applied for both Unis with these courses, and have recieved offers back from both, but I'm stuck on which one to pick.

My offers are both very similar, A*AA, just with different requirements for the A, and the A* in Maths. I can only really choose one as my firm choice, and having seen Imperial I am very impressed, but am still unsure which one I will have a more enjoyable 3/4 years at, and get a better degree from.

ReputationRep:
    I think imperial

ReputationRep:
    UCL has girls :p:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. You'll get a better degree from Imperial but you need to ask yourself if that's all uni is about.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial

(Original post by Henerz)
    Indeed. You'll get a better degree from Imperial but you need to ask yourself if that's all uni is about.
    It's pretty high up on the list of priorities. :p:

You can still have fun if you go to Imperial (I got some main manz there, yano?, and they seem to be enjoying it).

For that reason, I say Imperilol.

ReputationRep:
    it depends what your priorities are. if you intend to become a serious researcher imperial would be ideal but if you're sociable ucl is the breeding ground for that. bearing in mind imperial is a gold medal name, but ucl is well known.

ReputationRep:
    You will have more fun at ucl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formula 1)
    Imperial
    Slightly biased Cruzy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpatel10)
    Slightly biased Cruzy?
    of course :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSkyFire)
    UCL has girls :p:
    legend...
    took the words right out of my mouth...

ReputationRep:
    Which would you pick?

I was always an Imperial fan, but from what I saw during interviews the Imperial students said they're overworked and didn't seem THAT happy - all they kept saying is how employable they would be etc. By contrast, the UCL students seemed way happier/more relaxed and had only good things to say about their course and department. Also the Imperial students I came across were FAR geekier than at UCL (sorry, but it's true :p:)

This has made me want UCL more than Imperial, but do you think it's worth going to UCL if I'm likely to have a better time and enjoy the course more than Imperial, which is ever so *slightly* better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    Which would you pick?

I was always an Imperial fan, but from what I saw during interviews the Imperial students said they're overworked and didn't seem THAT happy - all they kept saying is how employable they would be etc. By contrast, the UCL students seemed way happier/more relaxed and had only good things to say about their course and department. Also the Imperial students I came across were FAR geekier than at UCL (sorry, but it's true :p:)

This has made me want UCL more than Imperial, but do you think it's worth going to UCL if I'm likely to have a better time and enjoy the course more than Imperial, which is ever so *slightly* better?
    Why would you care?
    I see Cambridge offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicz)
    Why would you care?
    I see Cambridge offer?
    dunno if I'm gonna meet the A* part of their offer so there's a good chance I could end up going to my Insurance choice

ReputationRep:
    UCL has girls

ReputationRep:
    UCL has girls
    lol so very true, I forgot to mention this

ReputationRep:
    Which would you pick?

I am an international student, but I have firmed Imperial and UCL is my insurance. My Reason's for this are:-

1- Imperial has a much better reputation for sciences and engineering
    2- The course (Electronics Engineering) at imperial is much better suited to me.

However in the end both the universities are great. Just choose based on the course content and structure.

& Congrats on the offer from cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingxlr8)
    I am an international student, but I have firmed Imperial and UCL is my insurance. My Reason's for this are:-

1- Imperial has a much better reputation for sciences and engineering
    2- The course (Electronics Engineering) at imperial is much better suited to me.

However in the end both the universities are great. Just choose based on the course content and structure.

& Congrats on the offer from cambridge
    What about the girls ?

ReputationRep:
    What about the girls ?
    see this is the attitude I noticed from current Imperial students during interviews, it was all about how prestigious their uni/course is, and how good their graduate prospects are. They also complained that their exams are ridiculously hard and the workload is manic. There were few (if any) signs of a proper social life, and this put me off A LOT. In fact, even Cambridge students seemed more chilled out and sociable than Imperial from what I saw.

ReputationRep:
    dunno if I'm gonna meet the A* part of their offer so there's a good chance I could end up going to my Insurance choice
    But your sig says your Imperial offer is A*AAA? Which is even higher than your Cambridge one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.