Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but i will post anyway

I always wanted to be a doctor when i was growing up, but at the end of my last year at comp when i was talking to the advisor at connexions she said my grades werent strong enough to pursue it as a career so i was wondering if there was some other route i could take other than a levels.

Because of my indecisiveness i ended up doing a music course which i am almost finnished.

Any advice anyone can give would be great, thanks

ReputationRep:
    So what have you done so far?

ReputationRep:
    What are your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    What are your grades?
    dude does ur sig vid get slower or is that just my eyes deceiving me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formula 1)
    dude does ur sig vid get slower or is that just my eyes deceiving me?
    Yeah it does get slower near the end lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiewite1990)
    Hi, im sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but i will post anyway

I always wanted to be a doctor when i was growing up, but at the end of my last year at comp when i was talking to the advisor at connexions she said my grades werent strong enough to pursue it as a career so i was wondering if there was some other route i could take other than a levels.

Because of my indecisiveness i ended up doing a music course which i am almost finnished.

Any advice anyone can give would be great, thanks
    Grad entry, try to get a 1st or 2:1 in a science subject

ReputationRep:
    what have you done now, do you mean you have finished a college level music course or a degree in music

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    i am nearing the second year of my btec music diploma in music,
    what is a grad entry?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's graduate entry to medicine. Once you have completed a university degree (e.g. BSc (hons)) you may apply to medical school on an accelerated programme designed for graduates, which last a year less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiewite1990)
    hi,
    i am nearing the second year of my btec music diploma in music,
    what is a grad entry?

thanks
    This is grad entry.

ReputationRep:
    If your grades were very duff there are access courses I believe that may be of use.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly enroll on 3-4 A-level courses at your local sixth form/college? (remember to choose Biology and Chemistry within those options, without one of those you may severely limit your options).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.