Turn on thread page Beta

Ways of acquiring a railcard watch

ReputationRep:
    First off, I don't have a passport or drivers license.
    However, I do have a birth certificate, NI card and bank statements.

If I go into a manned train station with those documents will I be able to get a rail card done for me? I need it quite soon.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah all I took when I got mine from a train station was a passport photo and my birth certificate.

You don't have a passport? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just take a passport photo with all your documents. They won't issue you a card without a passport photo on it.

I applied for mine online and it was really simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    You don't have a passport? :lolwut:
    Whats wrong with not having a passport? I don't have one, probably should get around to purchasing one though if I hope to go abroad over the summer...

(Original post by dhr90)
    Whats wrong with not having a passport? I don't have one, probably should get around to purchasing one though if I hope to go abroad over the summer...
    I thought it was a standard thing, like a birth certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Apply online?

ReputationRep:
    Thought about applying online, but they say I need to enter my passport number or driver's license number. I don't have either.

And anyway, I need it guaranteed by next friday.

ReputationRep:
    Go and do it at the train station then. Thats how I got mine. They did it right there and it took about 3 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Natwest Student Acount.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.