Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance: Error message - Help needed watch

ReputationRep:
    Right. I've found a lot of people in the past years have had the same issue that I have, but with it being a few years ago, I thought it was best to ask again.

I've made a student account for 2010/11. ( "Apply for support" )
    I've made a separate parent account. ( "Support an application" )
    I log into the parent account, and try and link it to the student account.
    I get the error message:
    "The entered ALIAS ID or Date of birth is incorrect."

Well, the date of birth isn't incorrect. I even checked on my account that I hadn't put it in wrong. And it isn't the wrong parent account, as I'm the first person in my family to be going to uni, so my Mum doesn't have an older account.

So I rang up student finance this morning, and found out that I had been trying to link it with the wrong number - I was using my student Customer Reference Number, and not my ALIAS ID, so she gave me that (which, irritatingly, they're the same length, so, easy to confuse) - which checking emails I hadn't seen before.

So while still on the phone, I tried to link it up using that new number she'd given me, but still the same message comes up.
    She said that she doesn't know what else can be done, except to do it by form.

I don't mind filling it out by form, but it'd just be easier by doing it online, and I worry that by filling out the form it'd get misplaced etc...

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or, heard of someone, and knows a solution?

Just bothers me as I have no ''backup money'' if my student loans are delayed.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Right. I've found a lot of people in the past years have had the same issue that I have, but with it being a few years ago, I thought it was best to ask again.

I've made a student account for 2010/11. ( "Apply for support" )
    I've made a separate parent account. ( "Support an application" )
    I log into the parent account, and try and link it to the student account.
    I get the error message:
    "The entered ALIAS ID or Date of birth is incorrect."

Well, the date of birth isn't incorrect. I even checked on my account that I hadn't put it in wrong. And it isn't the wrong parent account, as I'm the first person in my family to be going to uni, so my Mum doesn't have an older account.

So I rang up student finance this morning, and found out that I had been trying to link it with the wrong number - I was using my student Customer Reference Number, and not my ALIAS ID, so she gave me that (which, irritatingly, they're the same length, so, easy to confuse) - which checking emails I hadn't seen before.

So while still on the phone, I tried to link it up using that new number she'd given me, but still the same message comes up.
    She said that she doesn't know what else can be done, except to do it by form.

I don't mind filling it out by form, but it'd just be easier by doing it online, and I worry that by filling out the form it'd get misplaced etc...

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or, heard of someone, and knows a solution?

Just bothers me as I have no ''backup money'' if my student loans are delayed.

I had the same problem, my wife couldnt use the online form due to the same error message, I called student finance and they had no clue what to do apart from using the paper form, which is what she did.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I might have to use the form...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.