Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Recently I got a "USB Digital Microscope" made by Nikkai computers (code : N46HF)

but everytime I open the software, it works on my built in webcam instead.

my laptop runs of dumbass vista...

So I went to Maplin and they called up the company and told me that I should try turning off the webcam.

But I can't find where I can do this. I went to Control Panel and "scanner/camera" but there is no corresponding hardware icon for this built in webcam...

help please
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Are there no settings that asks you which input device you'd like to choose? There usually is, WLM/MSN included.

ReputationRep:
    surely in the program, it should have a source setting somewhere.

and from your description, i doubt you can turn it off :/ (although i have no experience with vistaa)

This should work for vista, heres how you can disable your built in webcam.

Click start, enter "device manager" in the search bar and click it when it comes up. In the Device Manager window, look under Imaging Devices. Right click your built in webcam (may be called "laptop integrated webcam") and select Disable.
    It will disable your built in webcam and your other one should now work.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.