Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I just purchased something from next.co.uk. I created an account, and it said my order was confirmed, but it didnt ask me for my debit card info. If I go to the 'my account' page, it tells me I have like £250 credit remaining. Credit? Can anybody who has shopped at next.co.uk tell me what is going on, as I am worried about all this credit business.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Next works on a credit system, you buy on credit and have to pay it off every month, its one reason that i never buy from next online, I cant be bothered with remembering more things to pay off, easier to go into the store and pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to set it up so that you can pay by debit card. There is no need to set up a credit account with them.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmm I scoured there site and it seems you have to use the credit system when buying online. :mad:

Seems like pretty dirty tactics, forcing you to use there crappy system then charging you 26.49% :eek: if you don't pay it off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt872)
    Hmmmmm I scoured there site and it seems you have to use the credit system when buying online. :mad:

Seems like pretty dirty tactics, forcing you to use there crappy system then charging you 26.49% :eek: if you don't pay it off
    yep, and note you get 'free postage' as long as you pay £3.50 (the price of postage) for their catalogue, otherwise you pay postage...they just try to trick you.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want my £50 next voucher ;-)? And im pretty sure you can pay by debit card? Im sure I have before when getting a birthday pressie for someone! Im going to check my account now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyy13)
    Anyone want my £50 next voucher ;-)? And im pretty sure you can pay by debit card? Im sure I have before when getting a birthday pressie for someone! Im going to check my account now!
    I'll pay you £5 for that voucher. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want my £50 next voucher ;-)? !
    *Waves*
    Never used their online shopping

ReputationRep:
    I'll rep you and send you a nice pm for it :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Ah, next clothes just dont fit my body shape very well... its a frustrating xmas prezzie ... i keep trying and going to a shop and trying on clothes but they just dont ever suit me! Boo :-(!

I have an account with next ... but i just followed all the steps as if i was buying something and I had to pay my credit or debit card? and it doesnt say anything about a credit limit ... so does this mean i dont have a credit account?! I just rung and asked for my customer number so I can close the account anyway ... i dont want any credit accounts online! I have a bad enough credit score as it is (because ive never had any credit, i dont have a good score lol ... its ridiculous!)

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Ah, next clothes just dont fit my body shape very well... its a frustrating xmas prezzie ... i keep trying and going to a shop and trying on clothes but they just dont ever suit me! Boo :-(!

I have an account with next ... but i just followed all the steps as if i was buying something and I had to pay my credit or debit card? and it doesnt say anything about a credit limit ... so does this mean i dont have a credit account?! I just rung and asked for my customer number so I can close the account anyway ... i dont want any credit accounts online! I have a bad enough credit score as it is (because ive never had any credit, i dont have a good score lol ... its ridiculous!)
    You could just go up to someone in a queue at Next and ask if they'd mind switching the gift card for cash. A bit awkward but better than buying something you don't want. Or you could eBay it, or try spending it in the homeware section, or regift it, or buy something electrical?

Someone on here is bidding £46 for a £50 next gift card.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Next-Vouchers-...item3359dd6415

ReputationRep:
    That is actually not a bad plan with the que thing... i did that for someone over xmas in USC! I was buying some shoes and someone was holding up the que having a big rant at the till staff as they said they would only give them store credit for a present they didnt want (trust me these people did not shop in UCS lol) and so i took the gift card and gave them the money! Maybe someone nice will do that for me! Depends if people are paying by cash or card I suppose!

Ebay if not me thinks Ive never sold anything on ebay so I have 0% rating, duno if people would buy from me!

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me. Get your item. Pay it off. Call them and ask them to close your account. They will do it after a few calls.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.