The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Further maths would probably be the most sensible but French or econmics would also be a good choice seeing as engineering is global and econmics is quite important.
Really...It's up to you but if you're aiming for Cambridge/Oxford I'd go for Further maths and econmics if you can do both.
Reply 2
A lanuage is probably as good as anything, it would make you very employable. As long as you have those three then you should be grand
Reply 3
Thos three are fine but maybe f. maths would be good whatever engineering you want to do
Reply 4
i wanna medical engineering(physics) so i took Biology as my 4th choice, but it's really hard so i would go with economics tbh.
Reply 5
What about doing a BTEC?
Reply 6
Further maths is probably going to be useful, even for chem eng, but tbh you're fine with french, economics or anything for that matter
It's almost worth making sure you have at least one subject that isn't a science just so you have a vaguely rounded education
Reply 7
i want to do engineering so i chose maths, further maths, physics and history. i probably wouldn't have done further maths otherwise, but i am good at maths so...
For engineering further maths will be very useful.
Reply 9
Further Maths unless you can explain why your school offers it and you didn't take it.
Reply 10
Just pick a decent fourth subject. The three you have already fine, so it doesn't really matter.
ure choices are great but only take fm if ure ready for craziness- in a good way! :smile:
Reply 12
dont listen to any of these guys, to do math, pyhysics and chemistry is fine enough, and stressful enough!, just do economics or other wise you will fail if u cant keep up the work load
Reply 13
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry

The ideal combination for Chem Eng. At work experience in a multinational company near where I live all employees said this was the ideal combination. So yes from first hand experience I'd go with these.

Latest