Turn on thread page Beta

Facial wipes = WORTH IT? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been using facial wipes for 2 weeks now, its easier than having to use a face wash and a towel, I've also noticed an improvement in my skin!
    BUT...
    they are £4 for 25 wipes, I use 2 a day, which means I would need 2 and 1/2 packs of wipes a month - £10 a month.
    Is it worth it? Should I go back to using a face wash instead?
    Your opinions on facial wipes welcome

ReputationRep:
    I really like them, but always run out so quick, if you can see a difference carry on using them

ReputationRep:
    I use them, not everyday because I always run out. I just use them when im feeling lazy, hehe

ReputationRep:
    They're akshally really nice for blowing your nose into when you've got a raw nose from too much mukus. You could wipe your face with them an' then blow your nose?

[Chech out my podcast for Raw Nose recipe ideas!]

ReputationRep:
    I use baby wipes and find they do they trick they are much cheaper too.

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    i use boots facial wipes, like 99p for a pack or something and theres always buy one get one free offers and stuff... no need to pay £4!! they are definitely worth it, i use cleanser and toner afterwards as well just to make sure it gets all my make up off...

ReputationRep:
    I use them all the time - in fact I only cleanse my face 'properly' when I feel like making an extra special effort. I'm so skanky!

Seriously though, they've always seemed to have done the job. I do regularly promise myself that I'm going to start taking better care of my skin, but I think I never follow through on it because I haven't needed to. I am going through a slightly spotty phase at the moment, though.

I actually find that wipes get rid of make-up better too, but yeah - they are expensive. Which ones do you use? I use the Simple ones and they're £3 - £4 depending on where you buy them, but they're often on BOGOF or two for a fiver in boots etc. You can sometimes pick them up in pound shops too if you're lucky, but I've never really been that bothered personally!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisin.)
    I use them all the time - in fact I only cleanse my face 'properly' when I feel like making an extra special effort. I'm so skanky!

Seriously though, they've always seemed to have done the job. I do regularly promise myself that I'm going to start taking better care of my skin, but I think I never follow through on it because I haven't needed to. I am going through a slightly spotty phase at the moment, though.

I actually find that wipes get rid of make-up better too, but yeah - they are expensive. Which ones do you use? I use the Simple ones and they're £3 - £4 depending on where you buy them, but they're often on BOGOF or two for a fiver in boots etc. You can sometimes pick them up in pound shops too if you're lucky, but I've never really been that bothered personally!
    I use Nivea Refreshing wipes, they're awesome. I used to cleanse my skin with a face wash, tone and moisturize, now I've swapped it for these wipes ONLY and they do all that in one. Or I use it as an excuse hehe I guess I'd still have to pay around £10 for a decent face wash so I'll just stick to the wipes
    Glad it's worked for you

ReputationRep:
    I use them daily for either cleansing or removing make-up, and pay something like 98p from Asda. You can get them for sensitive skin or all skin types.

I've used pricey wipes before, and found that the Asda ones are just as good.

Hope it helps!!!

ReputationRep:
    Baby wipes are cheaper and much better than spending loads of money on them. Also, they're made for baby's bums so they're nice and soft!

ReputationRep:
    I usually buy whatever wipes are on offer. I don't like paying more than £1ish for a pack of 25. Adsa's own do the job just as well as any other brand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownie_89)
    I use baby wipes and find they do they trick they are much cheaper too.
    Yeah i use these too. although saying that you can get some good deals on face wipes from places like asda, they do packs of 25 for like buy one get one free etc x

ReputationRep:
    If you cut them in half they last twice as long... You just need to use both sides of the wipe...

Works for me anyways...

ReputationRep:
    I like them for convenience :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I use them every day, I like the Johnsons ones for dry skin, in the blue packet, best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LP_18)
    I've been using facial wipes for 2 weeks now, its easier than having to use a face wash and a towel, I've also noticed an improvement in my skin!
    BUT...
    they are £4 for 25 wipes, I use 2 a day, which means I would need 2 and 1/2 packs of wipes a month - £10 a month.
    i get the cheap ones from superdrug baby wipes, like 100 in a pack or something for £2?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, but then they always irritated my skin. I'll stick to clinique mens range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LP_18)
    Nivea are doing a multi-pack - 2 x 20 wipes for £2.50 in Bodycare.

You will have to remove it properly and use make up remover wash if you don't want to use the wipes as an alternative.

ReputationRep:
    I usually wait 'till they're on offer (BOGOF, 2 for X amount ect.), which is quite a frequent thing. But my mum uses baby wipes, as they're nice/soft/kind to your skin and they're cheap!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.