Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Since starting uni last september i've met plenty of people, and at the start seemed to have quite a few friends who were guys. However as time has gone by i only really seem to have one good friend who is a boy (and he is gay).
    With all the others there always seems to be an underlying boy-girl flirty thing going on... Basically i can NEVER keep any friends who are guys without them wanting something more. I've been told by friends to shut up about this and that i'm lucky to have the attention but i really just want to have some friends from the opposite sex.
    I'm wondering is it something that i'm doing wrong? like i'm quite shy and i think this sometimes gives off a sense of vulnerability?
    What do you think? :/
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.