Turn on thread page Beta

Young, pure and innocent... watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree they might not have much in common... but mortgages and careers?! Sloooow down!! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Date someone your own age. There is way to big an age gap between you and him - frankly it's worrying you get on so well. He should be thinking about a mortgage and career, you should be thinking about university.

You're joking, right?

ReputationRep:
    christ im 28 and im not thinking about a mortgage :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    christ im 28 and im not thinking about a mortgage :rofl:
    Good good! At 28 I'll just have finished by PGDE (which I'll be doing after this next undergrad) so I wont be either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Date someone your own age. There is way to big an age gap between you and him - frankly it's worrying you get on so well. He should be thinking about a mortgage and career, you should be thinking about university.
    That's utter rubbish and ridiculously narrowminded - very poor advice to impart!

OP: If you go to his house, and he tries to progress things - simply say "I'm sorry, I'm not ready yet". If the guys is as decent as you make out he is, he'll understand and get the message. No need to tell him out loud that you're a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    OP, you don't have to do anything you don't want to. Feel free to go over, but remember the word 'no'. You don't even have to give an excuse if you don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    mazty being narrow minded :eek: never!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Did you get this story out of the film called "An Education"?

(Original post by supergirl182)
    and also your sig made me doubletake:eek:
    Do you not like it? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    He should be thinking about a mortgage and career, you should be thinking about university.
    How miserable :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    That's utter rubbish and ridiculously narrowminded - very poor advice to impart!

OP: If you go to his house, and he tries to progress things - simply say "I'm sorry, I'm not ready yet". If the guys is as decent as you make out he is, he'll understand and get the message. No need to tell him out loud that you're a virgin.
    Coming from the person who thinks it's a good idea for a 17 year old virgin to get into a relationship with a 23 year old.
    Yeah, this forum is full of normal people...
    What the hell should they have in common? Nothing. They should have a totally different view on life. Get real people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    How miserable :sigh:
    You mean how realistic. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yes Mr 23 year old going to germany I've come to inspect your weiner to ensure it will make it safely to the mother land...

ReputationRep:
    mazty being narrow minded :eek: never!! :rofl:
    So your really think a 23 year old and a 17 year old should be able to have a good relationship with each other?
    You can't be that naive, at 17 you are still a hormone fuelled teen. What the hell is wrong with you for thinking this relationships a good idea?
    Oh right, I already know, no need to answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    Yeah I agree they might not have much in common... but mortgages and careers?! Sloooow down!! lol.
    Mortgage maybe not, but by 23 I want a rough idea of where to start aiming for a career...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    So your really think a 23 year old and a 17 year old should be able to have a good relationship with each other?
    You can't be that naive, at 17 you are still a hormone fuelled teen. What the hell is wrong with you for thinking this relationships a good idea?
    Oh right, I already know, no need to answer

do pray tell where i said this relationship whas a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    do pray tell where i said this relationship whas a good idea?
    So then wtf you on about saying I'm narrow minded? There's being narrow minded, then there's being right.
    Oh yeah, I understand you thinking about it : :troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    So then wtf you on about saying I'm narrow minded? There's being narrow minded, then there's being right.
    Oh yeah, I understand you thinking about it : :troll:

i was on about the whole 23 years olds should be thinking about a mortgage thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Take off your massively culturally warped spectacles for a moment at least... Life isn't about jumping through hoops and ticking boxes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    You mean how realistic. :o:
    Same thing, isn't it? :pain:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.