Turn on thread page Beta

what to do what to do (mates bday) watch

ReputationRep:
    right so my mate has planned a night out for her bday (cool) bowling (great i love it) then she decides to maybe go for something to eat beforehand (ok) so how about nandos? (ooh bit of a problem now)

basically if they go to nandos me and the bf wont be able to go, he doesnt eat meat (he eats fish though) but nandos dont do fish, so i basically have 3 choices

1) me and the bf go somewhere else to have something to eat then meet up for bowling

2) ask my mate if she wouldnt mind going somewhere more pescy friendly

3) not go at all (we will have to leave about 22:15/30 anyway as we have to get two buses home

so what do we do?

ReputationRep:
    4) Go to nandos, your bf can order a salad and garlic bread..

5) Dump your bf, take me (cos i love nandos) =)

ReputationRep:
    They do bean burgers. Obviously don't tell her to go somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    right so my mate has planned a night out for her bday (cool) bowling (great i love it) then she decides to maybe go for something to eat beforehand (ok) so how about nandos? (ooh bit of a problem now)

basically if they go to nandos me and the bf wont be able to go, he doesnt eat meat (he eats fish though) but nandos dont do fish, so i basically have 3 choices

1) me and the bf go somewhere else to have something to eat then meet up for bowling

2) ask my mate if she wouldnt mind going somewhere more pescy friendly

3) not go at all (we will have to leave about 22:15/30 anyway as we have to get two buses home

so what do we do?
    They do plenty of vegetarian food at nandos. Bean burgers and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    Why does your bf have to go with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulope)
    They do plenty of vegetarian food at nandos. Bean burgers and stuff like that.

when i looked at the menu i only saw a couple of veggie things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    Why does your bf have to go with you?

why not? we are a couple, its a couples night out (all my mates will be there with their husbands/bfs) im not going to turn round and tell mine he cant come

ReputationRep:
    when i looked at the menu i only saw a couple of veggie things
    But proportionately it's quite a lot. And you can always get starters as mains and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    They do do some vegetarian food, I wouldn't say there was that much less choice than other places I've been. Hope you have fun

ReputationRep:
    why not? we are a couple, its a couples night out (all my mates will be there with their husbands/bfs) im not going to turn round and tell mine he cant come
    ...boyfriends are lame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    They do do some vegetarian food, I wouldn't say there was that much less choice than other places I've been. Hope you have fun

most other places have some kind of fish option though

(Original post by MancBoy)
    ...boyfriends are lame.

boys are cool

ReputationRep:
    Don't litter your fren's birthday with your problems! Jus' stuff a beanburger down your boyf, if yo' gonna be veggie, choosin' something out of a 'limited' (it's not really that limited) menu from time to time is one of the duties.

Vegeterians are wimps. Meat rules! http://funnyaussiesigns.com/wp-conte...re-400x298.jpg

ReputationRep:
    How many more veggie things do you want on their menu?? Its nando's ffs - peri peri chicken anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopi, ffs)
    Don't litter your fren's birthday with your problems! Jus' stuff a beanburger down your boyf, if yo' gonna be veggie, choosin' something out of a 'limited' (it's not really that limited) menu from time to time is one of the duties.
    hes not a veggie

ReputationRep:
    lol, you need a big sign in your sig saying 'Warning: This user lacks the braincells required for rational thought'

ReputationRep:
    hes not a veggie
    *if yo' vegequarian/not gon' eat meat :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    do number 1, just say to ur mate sorry we can't come to the meal but meet up with u later!

ReputationRep:
    most other places have some kind of fish option thoughl
    well this one doesnt, and seeing as its your friends birthday its her choice where she should go. Why should she put her and everyone else out just because your bf is a picky eater. There are veggie options at nandos

its your friends birthday not yours - she goes where she wants to go - if your bf cant deal with a bean burger plate of chips garlic bread whatever then tough

ReputationRep:
    your bf is lame

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.