Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please Explain the concept of the Earth's Dynamo?

And the Origin of the Moon?

What are Solar flares? What are the effects of Solar flares?

Sorry for the questions, we were in science today...Clearly...I didn't get any of it and the teacher wouldn't answer me, she'd just change the topic and give incredibly irrelevant comments :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Tell me that was a typo in the title? Please. Give me some faith in the world....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Tell me that was a typo in the title? Please. Give me some faith in the world....
    Oh ****! I didn't even see that! Sorry..I meant physics!

I feel like an idiot..Not that i wasn't one already lol.

ReputationRep:
    I was just getiting ready to ask,
    ''What does this have to do with Mystic Meg?''

ReputationRep:
    The Earth's Dynamo (or the Geodynamo) is the theory which describes the origin of Earth's magnetic field. Very simply, there is an interaction between the solid inner core and the liquid outer core which is believed to create the magnetic field. This system is known as the Geodynamo.

The origin of the moon: basically, the Earth formed billions of years ago when orbiting debris accreted (or bunched together) to make a rocky solid spherical body (which eventually became Earth due to asteroid impacts). The most widely accepted theory of how the moon formed is when a massive, Mars-sized body smashed into the Earth, creating another rocky (and smaller) body which is basically the moon.

Solar flares, erm, I'm not totally sure about, but wikipedia could probably give you a brief explanation!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.