Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Reformed2010)
    Yes but what about the people who are on course on getting 90% at AS levels and what to further prove their academic potential to Oxbridge? What other desirable things is there to do for someone who attained 90%+ at AS to show their academic ability? become head boy ? editor of their 6th magazine ? volunteering work ? I am sure all these wonderful extra-activities are welcomed, but surely Oxbridge would lean towards 90% AS > top EPQ > random or subject relevant extra-activities
    All I know is it made very little difference in my application. Being the first non pilot year means no one knows how to use it, what it's relevance is the other courses etc. maybe in later years it'll be different.

But I highly doubt EPQ will be taken over extra activities. They need rounded people that will give back to the university. In both of my interviews they talekd to me about things I did outside of lessons, such as my sporting activities, head of school council, charities and work experience. They really put a lot of weight on these, trust me.

This forum is full of people who've been rejected because they lack proof of their well rounded character. Just check out this years threads if you don't believe me.

My main advice is dont bog yourself down with trying to look great on paper, if you can't reflect in a positive way at interview.

could one of you guys help me?

im thinking of doing epq, i kind of like working on my own.

i want to go into science, but im not exactly sure which field, lets say i do a project relating to medicine and then when applying to uni i apply for some other science, will uni's look at the project or the actual fact i was able to work on my own?

and do you think researching the reliability of stem cells is a good idea? as i could talk about the scientific advancement and the views of religion and stuff
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.