Turn on thread page Beta

maximum recommended calorie deficit watch

ReputationRep:
    Why are you starving yourself? Does being that weight help your cycling, and is that why you're trying to be so light? Or was getting down to 150lbs an "accident"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Why are you starving yourself? Does being that weight help your cycling, and is that why you're trying to be so light? Or was getting down to 150lbs an "accident"?
    a machine says i am 13% body fat want to get to 10%. plus i used to be 14.5 stone of pure FAT , and getting old and worried about it

ReputationRep:
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Why?
    im 35 , was fat , bad arthritis ( due to excess weight on my knees ) and seen people i know at the age of 40 , and i not like what i saw .

ReputationRep:
    But why would that make you want to be 150lbs? Or why would you care if a HUGELY inaccurate machine say your fat percentage isn't?

How tall are you?

If you're worried about ageing well, why not get stronger? The stronger you are, the better you'll age(within reason of course). If you really think about this, you'll know that I'm right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    But why would that make you want to be 150lbs? Or why would you care if a HUGELY inaccurate machine say your fat percentage isn't?

How tall are you?

If you're worried about ageing well, why not get stronger? The stronger you are, the better you'll age(within reason of course). If you really think about this, you'll know that I'm right.
    5ft 9inch

workout
    1) (wide pull ups * 24 , narrow pull up * 24) all times by 4 sets
    2) (normal push ups *25, wide push ups *25 , narrow pushups *25) all times by 4 sets
    3) (hanging knee raises *24 , hanging obleques raises * 24 ) all times by 4 sets

all rotating workout , sundays off

no legs cause of bike riding and arthritis

ReputationRep:
    None of that will get you strong.

Do you like being the size you are now? Would you like to be smaller still? I mean, you're not a little kid, yet you want to be the size of one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    None of that will get you strong.

Do you like being the size you are now? Would you like to be smaller still? I mean, you're not a little kid, yet you want to be the size of one?

just want to get into shape while i still can

ReputationRep:
    Your 150lbs at 5'9, I am 152lbs at 5'7, If you have a average amount of muscle your body fat should be around the 10% mark.

ReputationRep:
    Well you posted in the wrong forum if you wanted any sympathy for being a cyclist or being at a weight conductive for cycling. This is pretty much a jock protein shake down-in-one followed by steak and squatting place.

Are you on a mountain bike? 14 is low-ish. 17-18 are good averages depending on where you're riding. I would personally forget the calculations. If you're losing weight but feel energetic then you've got it right. If you stop losing weight you need to start eating less and if you feel worn out often then you're over-doing it. The "science" is too imprecise unless you've got your own personal coach. It sounds like you're in the right ball park. 500 calories deficit/day is a fair average to have over a week. The problem with cycling is that it burns so many calories it's very easy to peak a 1000 calorie deficit one day and just break even the next if you don't cycle.

You've lost a substantial amount fairly fast though - well done Cycling is amazing huh But seriously, cycle faster.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.