Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend and I have been together for over two years. We're not particularly lovey-dovey (tbh I'd rather play COD and eat pizza with him than go out for a 'romantic meal') and it works the way it does. However, since being together, we've done something for valentine's day since we've been together. We're both on gap years working at the moment.

He announced the other day that he's going to visit his friend at university for valentines weekend. This also happens to be the university I'm most likely firming to go to next weekend. I'm alright with him going up for some man bonding time but I'm a bit miffed he's staying for valentine's day. I did suggest booking a hotel for sunday night or something, and I'd come up on the sunday, look around the uni in the morning, then meet up with him in the afternoon, spend the afternoon and night with him and then we could do couply stuff (merherher) and go home as he was planning to on monday afternoon. I offered to pay for the hotel. Partly because I wanted to see him on valentines day, and partly because I sort of want to see the uni because I haven't seen it yet and my post-offer open day isn't until the end of March. He said "I don't really want you to come", which I accepted.

I'm still a bit irritated though. Am I being unfair in resenting him for it? He doesn't work weekends and although he booked the thursday and friday off to go, his work is really flexible with letting people have time off. He could have gone any weekend. Of course, I could just be reading too deeply into this, but it's the latest in a long line of us arranging to do things and then him finding other stuff to do instead.

What do you think? Am I wrong to be annoyed?

ReputationRep:
    Yea I would be annoyed -talk to him?

ReputationRep:
    Tell him how you feel, It is valentines day after all, thats not exactly 'male bonding time' for a guy in a relationship. He should WANT to be with you then.

ReputationRep:
    yes you are over reacting IMO

valentines day means sod all tbh, why do something 'romantic' (when you arnt ever romantic anyway) on one particular day of the year when its expected

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.