Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My friend likes a guy who really isn't her type,he's a massive party animal and goes out nearly every night.She's pretty reserved,hates drinking and stays in a lot. Tbh he's more my type. I liked him anyway but haven't said anything because she does.

Anyway they were talking a lot and were on the brink of going out it seemed. When he asked her to go out before christmas she said no because she didn't have much money, but she would after Christmas.

Anyway there's still no date in sight and I've started to develop feelings for him (Which only two people know about). Since I added him on facebook a few weeks ago whenever he's seen me at college he's come over to talk to me and only really said Hi to her, most of the time she has to say Hi first. I've seen him looking before but I'm not sure whether it's her or me.

They have been texting.
    She asked him if he wanted to go out and he said he wasn't sure due to work.But a couple of days ago I was sat with my friends and she was there and he didn't come over. But when she left he came and sat in the chair next to me and started joking around and that and I did feel a spark

But then a couple of my friends started pestering him about when he's going to take my friend out and he kept saying. ''I don't know, I don't know''and he got up and walked off at one point till we stopped talking about it, then he came and sat back down.

Anyway my friend told me today he text her saying that our friends had been telling him to take her out,then she said they were going to, but when I asked when she said she didn't know.

Do you think he likes either of us? Is he just being friendly with me and actually quite shy when it comes to her? I don't want to take a chance and risk ruining a friendship if not. But I do really like him , I've tried not to but he's so funny and cute :/ I just feel sick everytime I think about them going out.

Anyone? :/

ReputationRep:
    Well he could be shy with your friend.But they're texting, so he has had oppurtunities to ask her out.
    If she's asked him and he said he's not sure then that isn't a good thing, if he really wanted to go out with her he'd have found time.From personal experience when you make an excuse without trying to reshedule it shows they aren't that interested.

It sounds like he could like you. If he's been coming over then that's usually one of the first signs.
    I'd see how things develop over the next couple of weeks, if you two are still talking and he's continuing to talk to you and hasn't been out with your friend, then you could be in with a shot.

ReputationRep:
    by the sounds of it i think he's starting to like you more than your friend! and also i think he only said he'd take her out because your friends were teasing him about taking her out. I think maybe you should wait until they've been out a few times (that is if they do ever go out), because like you say he's not her type.. so things probably wouldn't work out anyway.. and then make your move lol. but on the other hand, if you trust your friend enough.. maybe you should tell her how you feel and she may understand.

ReputationRep:
    He hasn't seemed to give any sign he likes you, to be honest. He might like her. And it's not really your place to say what her type is, surely?

Just don't forget, bros before hos.

ReputationRep:
    I'd joke (or at least pretend like I do) with him by randomly asking how he thinks about your friend?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.