Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

advice on uni app please... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i need some serious advice on this....

I've applied to uni to study geography 2010 entry. I've got 3 rejections and 2 offers. One conditional from southampton (AAB) and one unconditional from KCL.

Now I need to decide on whether I reply to the offers and secure a firm and insurance.....but I'm not sure I want to go to either of them. You see I think I'm still disappointed I couldnt get offers from any others- if any of those other 3 made me an offer I would definately have went. THe other option now is to do 2 A-levels next year and then reapply...but I dnt know whther thats a good idea becuase you might say: I already have 2 offers....throwing them away is a risk becuase I'm not guaranteed to get any other offers next year!...but I really would like to go to one of the 3 that rejected me...they really were great unis (bristol, durham, and UCL btw)

so what should I do....take up an offer, or take that risk and reapply next year- which would mean doing 2 A-levels next year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username*)
    i need some serious advice on this....

I've applied to uni to study geography 2010 entry. I've got 3 rejections and 2 offers. One conditional from southampton (AAB) and one unconditional from KCL.

Now I need to decide on whether I reply to the offers and secure a firm and insurance.....but I'm not sure I want to go to either of them. You see I think I'm still disappointed I couldnt get offers from any others- if any of those other 3 made me an offer I would definitely have went. THe other option now is to do 2 A-levels next year and then reapply...but I dnt know whther thats a good idea becuase you might say: I already have 2 offers....throwing them away is a risk becuase I'm not guaranteed to get any other offers next year!...but I really would like to go to one of the 3 that rejected me...they really were great unis (bristol, durham, and UCL btw)

so what should I do....take up an offer, or take that risk and reapply next year- which would mean doing 2 A-levels next year...
    Southampton and KCL are both good Universities as well and a degree from either place will probably be highly respected by employers. I'd accept them and go. If you don't like it when you get there then drop out and re-apply to Bristol, Durham and UCL. Alternatively, accept the offers and if you really feel like you have to then just tell them a bit before results day that you don't actually want to go to University and you've changed your mind. I wouldn't reject them though because it may get to results day and you may really want to go. Try looking at both the Southampton and KCL courses, Universities, societies, accommodation etc and just make a massive list of positives about each Uni... I'm sure you'll start falling for one of them!

ReputationRep:
    Put them as your firm/insurance, go to open days, find out more about the uni, your course and etc.. and if you still dont like them then just withdraw come results day and then do your a levels

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.