Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Shaving DOWN THERE.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Get it waxed because it hurts less and it lasts way longer, if you shave it itches and then you will be uncomftable !

(Original post by QwentyJ)
    My job is done without having to even explain it!
    You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxannabelle)
    You're welcome.
    I was in the process of repping you, just was just trying to think of a suitable pbfcomic to link you towards! :o:

Lol, how kind of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxannabelle)
    Lol, how kind of you
    Sorry to pull the conversation away from Tetris related awesomeness , but does anyone know how much I should expect to pay for a Brazilian ?
    And also , since I'm only fifteen , would I be allowed to get one ?

thanks in advance girlssss (:

ReputationRep:
    I recommend epilation. You don't have to do it as much as shaving, you don't have to let hair re-grow unlike waxing, and there are no smelly chemicals than can burn as with Nair. As for staying hairy, I'm a girl, not a gorilla :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaBurton)
    I recommend epilation. You don't have to do it as much as shaving, you don't have to let hair re-grow unlike waxing, and there are no smelly chemicals than can burn as with Nair. As for staying hairy, I'm a girl, not a gorilla :-)
    you actually epilate your bits?!:eek: I tried once, on the hairs at the front and it was really really unpleasant. If you try and pluck those hairs they slide out with virtually no pain....I can't imagine how much that would hurt down under, where the hairs don't have an obvious direction and seem to be more 'rooted'. you're hardcore!

ReputationRep:
    Used to shave but it'd be itchy and uncomfortable so I don't anymore. I just do my bikini line with wax now and trim down there so that it's tidy haha. xx

ReputationRep:
    how do epilators actually work? Do they pull the hairs out or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    how do epilators actually work? Do they pull the hairs out or something?
    It's like a dozen pairs of tweezers all revolving on a tube. But you can't angle them for each hair so that it doesn't hurt or make sure they don't grab your skin in areas where it's not naturally taut.
    The first time I tried doing my pits I ended up with giant scabs. Hairless scabs, but scabs nonetheless. I've since given up, because it's too hard to hold the skin taut with one hand and epilate with the other, being unable to actually see what you're doing the whole time.
    maybe I just have a rubbish one.

ReputationRep:
    Ehhhhhh :indiff: Sounds crap, couldn't be doing with that! Wax rules!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    you actually epilate your bits?!:eek: I tried once, on the hairs at the front and it was really really unpleasant. If you try and pluck those hairs they slide out with virtually no pain....I can't imagine how much that would hurt down under, where the hairs don't have an obvious direction and seem to be more 'rooted'. you're hardcore!
    Yep, I like to be 100% smooth, and I use an epilator to stay that way. To be fair, I think to go from full-on gorilla look to completely smooth with an epilator would be some kind of torture so I'd recommend getting waxed initially then using the epilator once a week to deal with any fine little hairs before they become noticeable. That way it's not that painful at all .

ReputationRep:
    It's like a dozen pairs of tweezers all revolving on a tube. But you can't angle them for each hair so that it doesn't hurt or make sure they don't grab your skin in areas where it's not naturally taut.
    The first time I tried doing my pits I ended up with giant scabs. Hairless scabs, but scabs nonetheless. I've since given up, because it's too hard to hold the skin taut with one hand and epilate with the other, being unable to actually see what you're doing the whole time.
    maybe I just have a rubbish one.
    Underarm hair is about the only place on the body where an epilator isn't really that effective. I think it's because the skin there isn't taut enough. I shave my pits and epilate elsewhere (arms, pubes, legs).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaBurton)
    Underarm hair is about the only place on the body where an epilator isn't really that effective. I think it's because the skin there isn't taut enough. I shave my pits and epilate elsewhere (arms, pubes, legs).
    but the skin down under isn't very taut either. I mean, your armpits are probably more taut than your flaps (for lack of a more delicate way to put it. How do you do it?!

ReputationRep:
    but the skin down under isn't very taut either. I mean, your armpits are probably more taut than your flaps (for lack of a more delicate way to put it. How do you do it?!
    It's not very elegant I'm afraid. I find sitting on my bed, legs wide apart, pull things taut with one hand, run the epilator over with the other does the job.

If you let yourself get really hairy, it hurts like f**k. But if you start off by shaving or waxing (or being very brave!) then run the epilator over once a week, you'll only be removing the really tiny, fine, downy-type hair that doesn't hurt that much when it's pulled out.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who DOESN'T want to look like a plucked chicken? I hate the way it when it gets to holidaying time and I have too get rid of the hair down there, because I think it looks completely weird. It makes me feel like a little kid again *shudder*.

However, saying this, I'm not a particularly hairy person anyway. I don't get hairs on my arms, and only small hairs on my legs. So maybe I'm less hairy down there as well. I trim to keep it tidy, but I most certainly don't want it to be bald. Plus my boyfriend likes it.

Is it really that unacceptable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DizzyWeasel)
    Am I the only person who DOESN'T want to look like a plucked chicken? I hate the way it when it gets to holidaying time and I have too get rid of the hair down there, because I think it looks completely weird. It makes me feel like a little kid again *shudder*.

However, saying this, I'm not a particularly hairy person anyway. I don't get hairs on my arms, and only small hairs on my legs. So maybe I'm less hairy down there as well. I trim to keep it tidy, but I most certainly don't want it to be bald. Plus my boyfriend likes it.

Is it really that unacceptable?
    Not at all. I agree.

ReputationRep:
    it's all so expensive! if i had the money, i would definitely brazillian that stuff as often as possible [i am cursed with incredibly dark hair everywhere- in so much as even the fine hairs are dark].

right now, being single, i only do the stuff on my bikini line if i'm going to be getting changed in front of people [i do a lot of drama with quick costume changes] or swimming. when i go on holiday/have a boyfriend, i get a wax done. i find it hurts less than my legs, oddly enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Not at all. I agree.
    Good. I'm glad not all men are slightly peadophillic. It's just creepy tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DizzyWeasel)
    Good. I'm glad not all men are slightly peadophillic. It's just creepy tbh.
    It's no more paedophillic than liking shaved armpits and legs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.