Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    It's no more paedophillic than liking shaved armpits and legs.
    Yeah I guess so. I retract my above point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DizzyWeasel)
    Good. I'm glad not all men are slightly peadophillic. It's just creepy tbh.
    Death Drop makes a good point, but it's not so much that it can be viwed as paedophilic - I just think it looks a bit s*** really. And every girl seems to do it now....where's the bloody variety?!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, why this obsession with looking like a pre-pubescent?

Don't know if it's a regional thing, but at my school if a girl completely waxes then everyone assumes her bf is a paedophile, or at least very very creepy.

Nothing wrong with "tidy-trimming", but I think these Brazilian-y things are a bit nuts tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who DOESN'T want to look like a plucked chicken? I hate the way it when it gets to holidaying time and I have too get rid of the hair down there, because I think it looks completely weird. It makes me feel like a little kid again *shudder*.

However, saying this, I'm not a particularly hairy person anyway. I don't get hairs on my arms, and only small hairs on my legs. So maybe I'm less hairy down there as well. I trim to keep it tidy, but I most certainly don't want it to be bald. Plus my boyfriend likes it.

Is it really that unacceptable?
    Well I guess is you and your BF don't mind it, and nobody else sees it, then no, it's not unacceptable. It only becomes a problem if it's uncomfortable or off-putting for you, or someone else could see it and take offence.

ReputationRep:
    I can't afford to wax on a regular basis, so I usually shave, but I always leave about five days in between each down-there shave so I don't get razor burn or pimples. It's also best, if shaving, to only use unscented soap to avoid a reaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Death Drop makes a good point, but it's not so much that it can be viwed as paedophilic - I just think it looks a bit s*** really. And every girl seems to do it now....where's the bloody variety?!
    What style do you like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    What style do you like?
    Anything but bald!

ReputationRep:
    What are the different types of wax styles you can have done? I'm thinking of going for one but don't know what is best! Is it true that the hair grows back thicker after waxing?

I don't particularly like the all-off look but how much do people trim off? Is it very close cut or what? Also what do people do about *ahem* bum beards? Can you use hair removal cream round there (I wouldn't like to think of shaving) - it says not to on the tube but....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaBurton)
    Well I guess is you and your BF don't mind it, and nobody else sees it, then no, it's not unacceptable. It only becomes a problem if it's uncomfortable or off-putting for you, or someone else could see it and take offence.
    So lets just say I was single. I pull a guy, we go back to my room and he starts undressing me. See's I am not completely bald down there and he is offended?

How does that make sense? What is going on in the world! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    So lets just say I was single. I pull a guy, we go back to my room and he starts undressing me. See's I am not completely bald down there and he is offended?

How does that make sense? What is going on in the world! :eek3:
    OK, well maybe 'offended' was the wrong word. Put off or grossed out might be better, like say BO.

ReputationRep:
    why do people have a problem with hair?! It's supposed to be there!
    I'm my opinion the best thing to do is just keep what ever you have neat, short and tidy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaBurton)
    OK, well maybe 'offended' was the wrong word. Put off or grossed out might be better, like say BO.
    Tbh, although some boys have a preference, I think it's a preference, not something that puts them off (in general), unless it's halfway to your knees or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future African game vet)
    why do people have a problem with hair?! It's supposed to be there!
    so is the hair in your pits.

ReputationRep:
    so is the hair in your pits.
    hehe good point- but thats a bit different in my opinion- no one really sees your "down there hair" apart from your other half so if they don't have a problem with "hair down there" then I don't think its a problem to leave it as it is- not shaven I mean- just kept neat and hygenic.

I'm in a pickle with this (female)

I think it looks best to be completely natural up top (bear with me) and perhaps hairless lower down. I don't actually mind shaving lower down as it is perfectly comfortable (for some reason shaving there doesn't irritate my skin, itch or leave a rash yay). I also prefer to be shaved there because it is nicer to the touch (and certainly to go anywhere near with his mouth) for my lover. Also more sensitive for me, yay.

Thing is.. up top (ie: the lil mound) I think it looks best natural. This is because at a natural length, the hair forms pretty little curls, and this way there is no rash/redness caused by shaving/waxing (both really irritate me) which is surely unattractive.

Problem being, sex aside, I can't really go au natural if I want to wear a bikini/ knickers without having ridiculous tufts of pube protruding here, there and everywhere.

WHAT TO DO?

Trim you say, but unfortunately at a length that is "trimmed", the hair is much straighter, and you can see the skin through it; which I think gives the whole area an unfortunate mangy appearance.

I have tried entirely bald and I can't say I really like it. I might to if it remained smooth, but the fact is shaving or actually worse for me, waxing just makes it look red and sore --> not a pretty sight.

I have tried leaving some hair up top at it's natural length and shaving around it to make a small round patch of hair - but the areas where I shave become sore/red/ugly looking.

So I'm in a pickle really. I guess I will have to have a little circle/strip of natural length curly hair, surrounded by trimmed hair (so that I'm okay for bikinis), with no hair at all down below - but I can't help thinking this will look a little weird.

Oh the things us ladies go through. My boyfriend asked me if I would like him to trim - I'd probably prefer it, but I don't want to put the poor lad through this angst :p:

As this is the topic for shaving 'down there', I'll just ask here.

What do people use to moisturise after shaving? Just standard stuff like nivea or something more sensitive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in a pickle with this (female)
    bikini with short type bottoms? if hair removal is really irritating this might be a good option?

bikini with short type bottoms? if hair removal is really irritating this might be a good option?
    A good suggestion!

I do have bikini short bottoms, and I like wearing them for a change now and again.. but I don't like to be limited to not being able to wear a bikini. And I like to wear lingerie without worrying I look like a mess :o:

I actually do swimming for exercise in a one piece as well.. it's not skimpy so I would say so long as I shave lower down, I would probably be okay leaving the top natural... but I don't want to risk being known as pubes girl by the swimming crowd :woo:

I have an epilator. I'm gonna see if some combination of shave and epilator will work to keep things tidy but not sore.

I am kinda grateful.. I don't think I've got a really bad deal or anything. I mean, naturally, it doesn't exactly look bad and it's not all over my thighs and lower abdomen or anything.. but I think I am unfortunately just a little bit too hairy to do nothing about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    'snip'
    Get a Seiko Clean Cut. Means you can be smooth and stubble free, but without shaving rash. It absolutely changed my life! I love mine! It is expensive but think about it as an investment.

On the topic of what to use after - I used aloe vera gel and its a god send! xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.