Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    What is yours about? :holmes:

P.S if you want to see what I'm doing, you can run a demo of some of the patterns on the site I posted earlier. :fyi:
    I thought you said that was only half your idea? :holmes:

I have to do something with JavaCC, I think I need to build a shell/terminal window or something like that? I'm not entirely sure.. One of the tasks is to create the functionality whereby you partially type the name of a file in the terminal/command prompt, press tab, and it completes for you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    I thought you said that was only half your idea? :holmes:

I have to do something with JavaCC, I think I need to build a shell/terminal window or something like that? I'm not entirely sure.. One of the tasks is to create the functionality whereby you partially type the name of a file in the terminal/command prompt, press tab, and it completes for you.
    Yeah, the other half was that I figured a much more efficient way of coding what I had. :yep:

Complete what for you? :holmes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah, the other half was that I figured a much more efficient way of coding what I had. :yep:

Complete what for you? :holmes:
    The file name. So..

bash-3.02$ javac spike
    <PRESS TAB>
    bash-3.02$ javac spikeymike.java
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The file name. So..

bash-3.02$ javac spike
    <PRESS TAB>
    bash-3.02$ javac spikeymike.java
    Man that sounds sucky. :indiff:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Man that sounds sucky. :indiff:
    Sucky as in what? Boring or difficult?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sucky as in what? Boring or difficult?
    Boring, not very interesting. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Each floor should be in binary. :teehee:
    shame its only 1 floor of :awesome:ness
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    shame its only 1 floor of :awesome:ness
    :facepalm2:

Put the prices in binary! :awesome: £0110.1100 :yy:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Boring, not very interesting. :o:
    At least my AI coursework is interesting. Making a robot that plays noughts and crosses sounds cool, right?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    At least my AI coursework is interesting. Making a robot that plays noughts and crosses sounds cool, right?
    That does sound quite awesome, but difficult. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Wish we had a course on AI, there's only a 4th year course on it at Glasgow but its more mathematical than practical. Do you actually get to run the program on a robot?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Wish we had a course on AI, there's only a 4th year course on it at Glasgow but its more mathematical than practical. Do you actually get to run the program on a robot?
    Not a real robot :o:. Well, it depends on your definition of robot really. I imagine after completion, I would be able to play a game of noughts and crosses against the "CPU" player, and it would never lose :awesome:

..unless I coded different levels of CPU ability :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not a real robot :o:. Well, it depends on your definition of robot really. I imagine after completion, I would be able to play a game of noughts and crosses against the "CPU" player, and it would never lose :awesome:

I think you mean an agent. :holmes:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    That does sound quite awesome, but difficult. :holmes:
    I think I'm half way towards figuring it out. I just need a game tree with every single possible outcome (imagine how many there would be for chess :zomg: - that's why chess robots only look X moves in advance instead of the complete outcomes of the game).
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I think you mean an agent. :holmes:
    :hand: Robot sounds more fun

ReputationRep:

From my experience with chess, once you get it playing a very good(or in this case perfect) game, I imagine toning it down for levels shouldn't be too hard.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ish90an)
    From my experience with chess, once you get it playing a very good(or in this case perfect) game, I imagine toning it down for levels shouldn't be too hard.
    :yep: It's probably just a case of adding in a random function, so say an "expert" player would choose the best option, an "intermediate" player would randomly choose any from the best three options, and a "novice" player would randomly choose any from the best five options (so effectively completely random in noughts and crosses). I don't think I have to do that though, but it would be interesting to look at.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Is there a way to refresh something i.e. a grid in command prompt so I don't have to reprint the whole grid out again? :holmes:

IIRC, there is a way but I can't remember how...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Is there a way to refresh something i.e. a grid in command prompt so I don't have to reprint the whole grid out again? :holmes:

IIRC, there is a way but I can't remember how...
    I don't understand the question :sad:. Well, I think I understand the question but I didn't know you could.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't understand the question :sad:. Well, I think I understand the question but I didn't know you could.
    The answer is you can, however I don't think it would work as well as I want it too. :holmes:

I'll try tomorrow I suppose, I'm getting sick doing the CA.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.